Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDIP Help!

• 09-01-2008 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure where this post should go but as a NUIM student someone may take pity on me and help me out!
    Been in may for the last 4 years now and applied for the HDIP in Education for next year. Anyone any advice on schools for teaching practise-do we choose our own?
    And there is no interview process in the DIP application now is there? Its just points based, ie on your degree mark and teaching experience etc?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I completed the HDip in Maynooth last year. There is no interview to get your place, and you're right in saying it is completely based on college results.

If you've applied to do it in the next school year, you'll know by end of april if you are accepted, and my advise is to get your school sorted straight away, don't leave it to september!!

You sort out your own school, which usually needs to be within a 40mile radius of the college (they give out an information pack and forms that the school needs to sign when you get your place).

Hope this helps and best of luck :)

Advertisement