Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is is with guys and texting?

• 09-01-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭

Hi all. New to this forum and think it's great.

Working with a guy for the last 10 months. Lots of flirtation from the word go and lots of sexy texts.

Anyway, we got together at the christmas party (cliché - I know!!). Came back to work after new years and everything was grand. He keeps telling me going home every day to text him.

Well I do but nada, nothing, zilch. Hasn't responded to one of my texts.

Now he has a girlfriend so I don't text him at certain times, but still nothing. I emailed him to ask if I should stop texting him but he said no he loved when I text him.

It's so bloody frustrating!

Rant over :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

He.has.a.girlfriend

I don't mean to sound bitchy but thats the fact here. Why are you texting him at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rockergirl

It sounds like he wants you to boost his ego. So he can look at his phone and go oh, look there's a text (esp if it's a sexy one) from another girl... why doesn't he initiate texts?. The fact he never replies, yet you STILL send him texts.... his head probably can't fit out the door.
    If he liked you enough, then he wouldn't be with his girlfriend, he'd be with you.
    If he already cheated on his gf... then that's not fair on her.
    Maybe it's a moral thing for me, I don't know, but I could never pursue a guy who was with someone.. or let them wreck my head a bit!... as I'd feel too bad for doing so for his gf. If girls didn't cheat with guys they knew already were taken... then there'd be a hell of a lot less 'ooh noo, he cheated on me heartbreak' going around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

DCC160 wrote: »
    Hi all. New to this forum and think it's great.

Working with a guy for the last 10 months. Lots of flirtation from the word go and lots of sexy texts.

Anyway, we got together at the christmas party (cliché - I know!!). Came back to work after new years and everything was grand. He keeps telling me going home every day to text him.

Well I do but nada, nothing, zilch. Hasn't responded to one of my texts.

Now he has a girlfriend so I don't text him at certain times, but still nothing. I emailed him to ask if I should stop texting him but he said no he loved when I text him.

It's so bloody frustrating!

Rant over :mad:
    The words 'cop' and 'on' come to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

But before christmas he was the one initiating all the contact by texting me constantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

"Here little troll.":rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rockergirl

He charmed you enough to get together at that party... you said it was before Christmas he was initiating texts. Maybe, he just wanted to get together with you+ isn't that bothered since. You seem to be more into him than he's into you now though. If you continue sending him texts... just because he said he loves them... then he's got you wrapped around his little finger.He's clearly being a headwreck. Maybe if you tried to take your mind off the whole thing or find someone else. He sounds like an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

*Big snyper action hero comes in to break up the snappy remarks at op in deepest macho voice*

The problem here with this guy (in his case a little problem) is that he sees himself as a "player".. playin the fielld and buffering his ego to make himself feel good and compensate for lacking qualities in more aparent areas.

I know i was that guy.

Im recovering.

Slowly.

There is nothing wrong with it particularly, but it does tend to confuse some women at times.

Women do it too im sure, but i dont think as much..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Stop texting him. And at work, only speak to him in a professional manner. He has a girlfriend and its not you. You need to let it be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Do you know what? Yer bloody right.

I've just deleted his number from my phone.

And in relation to work - it'll be on a professional basis from now on

Thanks for making me see the light ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Your welcome.

My fee is €20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ahh ffs, i may have a few drinks on me (sorry girlies with the coffee, I really couldnt make that and have no idea of rathmines / ranelagh, but went for dinner and a few drinks locally with my gf after my drop off, sorry!!)

yes, em he's an asshole and you should forget him!! seriously! he's seriously only trying to make himself look good, what a bleeedin sap, kick him to the kerb

Edit: I typed 'bf' instead of 'gf', whooops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

*boggle*

I know you've deleted his number at this stage, but wtf?

He has a girlfriend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Think this has run its course and we have an outcome, best decision, he has a girlfriend he is off limits.

End of!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement