Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pugs

Options
  • 09-01-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in buying a pug dog, the problem is that I live in an appartment and although I've read on the internet that the pug is suited to appartment living i'm worried that it would be unfair to the dog. If anyone has any advice on the best living environment for pug dogs I would greatley appreciate it.

Many Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

An apartment is fine! As long as he gets enough walks, but that goes for all dogs of course.
    Good Luck!
    Annika

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Depends really. Is there going to be someone home during the day with him or at least someone who can take him for a walk at lunchtime? Obviously living in an apartment it's going to take alot more responsibility on your behalf to make sure he gets his fair share of outdoor time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

You could also make take him to the beach or out to the country on weekends or whenever you get time off as a change of scenery. Maybe if you are at work all day you could get 2 dogs instead of 1 so they could keep each other company during the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cheztoots

Thanks everyone that's really helpful. My boyfriend works shifts so he will be able to take him/her out during the day before I'm home from work and I'll have all the weekends to take her/him out into the country and stuff. :D So excited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Best of luck with your prospective pup and make sure you buy from a reputable breeder. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement