Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what petrol should i use for legacy b4?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

not true. But Nissans from the factory have a conservative map compared to the Subaru. e.g S14a 220bhp, b4 290bhp both have the same displacement.

The S14a JDM cannot be run safely on 95Ron and does not retard the ignition. The facility is in the ECU yes but its not implemented.

True but PFC has knock detection and will allow you to watch which cells are knocking and retard the timing as necessary (manually). DET cans are still more accurate.

As for cars blowing up after a remap. Id like to see the autopsy to see what let go. Detonation will be obvious with the head off.

ON TOPIC:
    If your going to go the trouble of remapping. Which if it was my B4 it would have been mapped asap. E85 mapping is the way to go for high octane but Requires a full remap a fuel pump and larger injectors.

yeah the pfc has the ability for the cel to flash when its knockin but its nearly to late by then and if ya check the isdc there was at least six cars in one week when i was a member there that had pistons melt or big ends gone after a remap from a very highly recommonded mapper from the uk

Advertisement