Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Business

• 09-01-2008 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

havnt seen any recent threads on this subject so........ just wondering does anyone have any tips or advice on studying the masses of info contained in this course!!!!!

the revision books any good?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Plenty of business books out there. I got one of my mate from 2000 and it's quality, few out of date things. I'll post up the name of it in 10 mins when I find it (the wonders of 5th year:D). I also have Less Stress More Success business and its decent aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Plenty of business books out there. I got one of my mate from 2000 and it's quality, few out of date things. I'll post up the name of it in 10 mins when I find it (the wonders of 5th year:D). I also have Less Stress More Success business and its decent aswell.

10 minus eh!!? haha, yeah too much to sit down n learn outta the book, gonna get the revision books n make my own notes from that condensing them down even further!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I find a lot of revision books really struggle to condense the information down from what it is in most text books.
    Once you know the jist of everything then you should be grand. You might struggle on the short questions which are usually quite specific, but besides that you should be ok.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    10 minus eh!!? haha, yeah too much to sit down n learn outta the book, gonna get the revision books n make my own notes from that condensing them down even further!

My bad on the timing, it's called "Rapid Revision Business".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Christ most books are fairly useless in that they have loads of unnessecary stuff in it (wel stuff that isnt necessary for the exam anyway)

basically im just going on my notes book and its worked great with exam papers so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

well..i am n 5th yr , n we have half of the book covered already ^^
    right..i d say somthing anyways ..based on what i ve learned so far..

firstly, learn your defetions coz they come up in short Qs as well as parts of the long questions , well... at least know what they mean, things like price skimming, TQM n stuff lyk that ...and know some sort of examples ...
    i know it reli hard to keep them in the long term memory ,i forget them so quickly ... so you have to go back over them since u n 6th yr now:P...and do them short Qs fum exampapers make sure your answer fit in da given spaces

know them laws n regulations !! they are important..

focus on ur ABQ units..know them units really well..

make sure you can do break-even chart, business letter, report,business plan , memo ..and them calculations Qs..you know all them sort of thingy ..

my teacher said the marketing chapter is really important...

basically for business you just have to sit down n learn your stuff unfortunately

~Candy~ wrote: »
    basically for business you just have to sit down n learn your stuff unfortunately

thats what i didnt want to hear!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Not really, a huge chunk of the course is common knowledge
    And as my teacher says ''if you have a flare for it you'll get a high grand no problem''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

SRFC90 wrote: »
    thats what i didnt want to hear!:p

:o i know its pretty sickening, bt you be grand honestly , what grade are you chasing m8 by the way ?

Revise wise looks decent, was flicking through it today in Easons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭annemarie13

well..i am n 5th yr , n we have half of the book covered already ^^
    right..i d say somthing anyways ..based on what i ve learned so far..

firstly, learn your defetions coz they come up in short Qs as well as parts of the long questions , well... at least know what they mean, things like price skimming, TQM n stuff lyk that ...and know some sort of examples ...
    i know it reli hard to keep them in the long term memory ,i forget them so quickly ... so you have to go back over them since u n 6th yr now:P...and do them short Qs fum exampapers make sure your answer fit in da given spaces

know them laws n regulations !! they are important..

focus on ur ABQ units..know them units really well..

make sure you can do break-even chart, business letter, report,business plan , memo ..and them calculations Qs..you know all them sort of thingy ..

my teacher said the marketing chapter is really important...

take candys advice its good,do your best on the ABQ.im not sure wat chapters they are but study them. i did my leaving cert last year,got A2 whereas i just about failed the mocks.

so dont worry or stress about the mocks,u still hve time.oh ye go to any revision class that are on at easter where you live.
    if your near dublin go to lesons steet. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭annemarie13

u can try the less stress books but your book is just as good. highlight the main stuff in it and theres no better way of learning the stuff then doin the exam papers.wat you should do if u havnt already is write down the chapters that each question usually comes from.
    then answer all question 1s and file them togeter and then q2 etc
    that will pay off mate.i hve evidence to prove it

1huge1 wrote: »
    Not really, a huge chunk of the course is common knowledge
    And as my teacher says ''if you have a flare for it you'll get a high grand no problem''

in my case, sometimes its not the knowing it, it's putting a decent answer on the page in the given time.....with the time being so limited, rushing to get it all down doesnt really suit me!!
    :o i know its pretty sickening, bt you be grand honestly , what grade are you chasing m8 by the way ?

as high as possible, being realistic im hoping for a B1 or B2:)
    wat you should do if u havnt already is write down the chapters that each question usually comes from.
    then answer all question 1s and file them togeter and then q2 etc
    that will pay off mate.i hve evidence to prove it

nice idea, we have alot of em done as weekend homework aswell, but it sounds like a good idea to do after i study the chapters, to answer em without using the book!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Business isn't the most difficult subject in the world. A good bit of the course is common general knowledge. Business is something we need on a daily basis. You just need to know the definitions and key words and become familiar with the paper (e.g. in Honours, 8 out of 10 short questions). Good Luck to all the Business students!

Advertisement