Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

clutch?

Options
  • 09-01-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

can't get speed up properly, hardely getting to 80km on motorway. So I gues its clutch fault.Could somebody advise how much will I have to pay for this pleassure to fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Year, make, model??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Depends on the car. I priced a clutch on a Ford Focus and was quoted €680 from a Ford main dealer for parts and labour. I then checked with my local SIMI garage I normally go to and he quoted me about €380 for parts and labour. Definitely worth your while ringing around and might work out cheaper if you sourced the parts yourself maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If it was the clutches fault you'd probably be able to hear/feel it slipping (and possibly smell it). Could you be more specific about the symptoms/problem? Can you feel the problem when downshifting or pulling away? Does the engine just rev up without any acceleration?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Coala

mitsubishi carisma 98

no smells, just difficult to get speed up, it is reving when I press more gas. And it got so bad in 3 week time. Every day worse and worse :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

That sounds like a clutch alright.

hopely it will not be more than 400 :eek:
    thanks for replies :)

got it done for 400 and now car drives better then ever before :)

of course it took me 5 minutes to get out of garage. could not move off because clutch was so senstive, stopped engine few times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Same problem here, clutch (MK2 Mondeo) slipping like mad. One main dealers quoted €1,100! lol, I know its a bigger job than a focus clutch but come on.

Anyone recommend a place in Limerick to get a new one / get it looked at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

coala, where did u get it done?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Coala wrote: »
    of course it took me 5 minutes to get out of garage. could not move off because clutch was so senstive, stopped engine few times :D

Yeah i hate when ya get a clutch replaced or leave it in for a service ya do be bunny hoping for abit till ya get used to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Spipov wrote: »
    coala, where did u get it done?
    +1
    I'm in a similar spot with my 97' Colt. :( Have to dip into ye old savings fund... Any info on where to get it done for a relatively good price appreciated. North Dublin area preferable.
    Thanks

Advertisement