Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs/Organisations in and around Navan?

Options
  • 09-01-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what clubs are around Navan?

I know there is a Photography club somewhere, but don't know if its still up and running.

I also know there is a Nitro-nuts Model Club

But besides those two, what other non-football/rugby clubs meet up in and around Navan?

(The reason i am asking for non-football/rugby clubs is that there is an endless list of those around Navan and i am just curious to see what else is about as iI would like to try something different.)

Thanks for any info!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

New poker club open across from the tax office in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Scuba Diving Club which I am a member of called Alpha Dive Meath.It has around 40 members and we dive from March to October on Sundays and Wednesdays at Lambay Island and Bank Holiday weekends we head to the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

The Auld FCA now the RDF in Trim and Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Poker/scuba diving and the FCA... good ideas so far

but there has to be more than that...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

All the major political parties have branches in Navan.

A couple of other things I've thought of: Boyne Bridge Club, Meath Archaeological and Historical Society (wouldn't have regular activities though), Comhaltas Ceolteoirí na hÉireann, Navan Silver Band, Kentstown and Senechalstown Accordian Band, Navan Choral Festival, St Vincent de Paul Society.

Not as action-packed as scuba or the RDF, but hey!

• Advertisement

Civil Defense are also in Navan.

The usual Football Clubs, Navan Rugby Club, Navan Tennis Club,

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cat_M

hi,
    very interested in joining scuba diving. live in navan. how to join?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Cat_M wrote: »
    hi,
    very interested in joining scuba diving. live in navan. how to join?
    thanks

thiers a dive shop and school in Dunshauglin industrial estate, saw it a few weeks ago.
    heres some contact details as i dont think they have a website

FirstStage Diving
    Unit 6, Dunshaughlin Business Park
    Dunshaughlin
    Co. Meath

Kevin Seagraves
    01 8011660

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cat_M

thanks for that. will suss it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

susiespark wrote: »

Spotted that before, but most of it is Gaa and thank god i don't suffer from Schizophrenia, Dyslexia and im not a traveler looking for a workshop, or suffering from depression.

So there isnt much in that list for me....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 2kreative

Access wrote: »
    Spotted that before, but most of it is Gaa and thank god i don't suffer from Schizophrenia, Dyslexia and im not a traveler looking for a workshop, or suffering from depression.

So there isnt much in that list for me....

:)

How about Wargaming? (Warhammer, Warmachine Miniatures)

I know Game Bandits in Navan do Warhammer

• Registered Users Posts: 42 2kreative

sofireland wrote: »
    I know Game Bandits in Navan do Warhammer

Yup thats true, but it tends to be a young crowd that play in there. I play with a club in Drogheda on Sundays, covers Warhammer, 40k, Warmachine, Board Games, PC LAN's & Console LAN's (average age of the older group is mid 20's - early 30's) - not a bad spin from Navan to Drogheda about 25 - 30mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

There's a very active table tennis club in Navan, all skill levels are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Shogun martial arts studio, great people, whole family are pretty much hooked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

There's a walking club, Navan trekkers.

All meet at the Fair Green each Sunday morning and then head off to the likes of Wicklow, Dublin, Carlingford etc to walk the mountains.

Nice way to keep fit and to meet new people. Plus the amazing scenery - a great hobby to combine with photography :)

https://www.sites.google.com/site/navantrekkers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭b318isp

There is also St. Mary's Musical Society - they do a panto and a musical every year.

The Navan Camera Club are here: https://www.facebook.com/NavanCameraClub/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Advertisement