Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing up as an artist to TuneCore

Options
  • 10-01-2008 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This thread is about industry stuff but as its the busiest of the music forums I'd like it left here for most exposure and feedback if thats okay.

I have music online and I've been meaning to get a bit serious regarding distribution for a while, today I got a flyer via Harmony Central for TuneCore having looked through its FAQ it looks a reasonable buisness model for someone who is'nt going to spend his life drumming up a profile on "Mybebospacebook" type sites and is not expecting to make millions or possibly even many thousands out of it over a few decades.

Has anyone here used the service and if so does it do what it says.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PeterTuneCore

mike65 wrote: »
    I have music online and I've been meaning to get a bit serious regarding distribution for a while, today I got a flyer via Harmony Central for TuneCore having looked through its FAQ it looks a reasonable buisness model for someone who is'nt going to spend his life drumming up a profile on "Mybebospacebook" type sites and is not expecting to make millions or possibly even many thousands out of it over a few decades.

Has anyone here used the service and if so does it do what it says.

Mike.

I hope you don't mind my answering, Mike. Since I was one of the three people who started TuneCore back on 2005, my feelings about the company are a little biased. :)

We really do deliver your music to iTunes and the other stores, we really do get you back 100% of what you earn. I wrote that FAQ myself, all 48 pages of it--took me weeks! We've been used by some pretty top-name artists who like us enough to give us permission to use their names, like Jay-Z and Frank Black and Ziggy Marley. We've got thousands of customers.

Search around the Web, you'll find positive reviews. And you can catch me giving discussions on forums at Harmony Central (they invited me, it's an honor!) and more.

If you've any questions, feel free to drop me an email. Thanks!

--Peter
    peter@tunecore.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Talk about efficient spider-searchbots! :eek:

Peter (if you see this) Harmoney Central was my next place to check (I always post here first!).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PeterTuneCore

mike65 wrote: »
    Talk about efficient spider-searchbots! :eek:

Peter (if you see this) Harmoney Central was my next place to check (I always post here first!).

Mike.

I just use a search, Mike, and reply by hand. I've learned so much from listening to what people say about TuneCore, so I always check daily.

Thanks!

--Peter
    peter@tunecore.com

Advertisement