Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights In Stephen's Green

Options
  • 10-01-2008 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Ok, you'll probably all think I'm an idiot for saying this but does anyone else think the square type thing outside stephens green shopping centre/top of grafton street area would look good lit up with lcd screens like piccadilly circus or something? Now not like Times Square or anything. It's just when I was in London I loved the way Piccadilly Circus was always bright and lit up. I noticed that there's already one of those LCD TV things there and a budweiser sign and at christmas when the place was bustling the light from the screen kinda made the place feel very "city-ish" and gave me the idea.
    It has that arch thing and the park, its on the top of the city's main shopping street, it has a very nice shopping centre right beside it and it'll be a large hub for transport (whenever those new lines do get built :D). So it's always pretty busy. I think it'd look pretty cool with lcd screens covering the fronts of the 2/3 buildings around it. I know it sounds a bit crazy seeing as an idea like that gets almost an instant "DON'T MESS WITH WHAT WORKS AS IT IS" response, but meh.

Whatcha think?? (I no I'm just going to get 400 "you're an idiot"s)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I personally couldn't think of anything worse. There's enough public space dedicated to advertising already. As for the location, something that garish would probably be more suited to Temple Bar Square?

Although I was always partial to the Bailey's sign on O'Connell Bridge when I was a kid... but anyway, I think it would be a bad move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

There are a couple of electronic ads around those buildings anyway isnt there? Cheap ones admittedly, but I'm sure there are some there. To be honest OP, I have thought the same as yourself that it would look pretty cool to have something like that as Dublins answer to Times Square. (dont laugh) and that would be a good location. Just so long as there was nothing put anywhere near the remembrance arch or the park.

As beans says above, I love that Baileys ad too, I wish they'd replace it with something that doesnt look so shabby. Its probably the best location in Dublin to have an ad and they seem to be just letting it rot.

Advertisement