Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bologna

• 10-01-2008 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

I'm going for four days next Friday, anyone have any recommendations; particularly for bars, restaurants and clubs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 4bugny

Hi, going there next weekend. Any recommendations for hotels, areas to visit etc. Thank you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Also heading there, can anyone recommend a few things to do there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 whatthe...

Home to Maserati, Ducati and Ferrari. Unless your a petrol head, there's not much to see but plenty of culture to take in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

My favourite city in Italy.

Go look around the street markets near the main piazza (Via Clavature, for example), the food here is the best in Italy. Smuggle parmesan home, it's half the price and ten times the quality. Eat, lots! Sit in cafés and watch the people. There is a restaurant on a street corner on Via Indipendenza, on the LHS as you leave the centre, I think it may be called Diana - bit vague I'm afraid but one of the best meals I've had.

Wander around the university, one of the oldest in Europe. The city is great for wandering. A few lovely old churches, can't remember the names offhand. It's a student city, so good bars. Also pretty good shopping.

Have a great time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

We were there a couple of weeks ago and it's a very nice off the beaten track city. Via dell'Independezia is the main shopping street. If you want some really good gelato check out Patagonia it's somewhere along this street.

As previous posters have said it's pretty much about the food in Bologna. We went to this restaurant Teresina just off Via Rizzoli (dunno the exact address but you can google it) and it was just fab! And so cheap too! Way cheaper than most Italian cities.

Should you feel home sick there is an Irish bar down in the student quarter near Piazza San Donato, follow the street on the right hand side of the piazza and you should stumble across it. The only reason we found it was from the noise. It sounded like there was good fun to be had.

There's also this amazing little pizza place just around the corner from Via Rizzoli heading towards Independezia.

To be honest I think that in 4 days you will find that you have time on your hands so I would consider getting the train and heading out of the city for a day or two. Two days is more than enough to see Bologna, but it does have excellent rail links so it might be worth checking out.

http://www.trenitalia.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

heading to Bologna early June for a week on honnymoon, really cant wait. Any more tips? Places to eat?

Thanks

Advertisement