Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

change of ownership?

Options
  • 10-01-2008 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

i tried to tax my car but i couldn't. The car is a jap import. I bought it from a garage, someone put down a deposit on it but then they couldn't pay the rest of it and it was registered in their name.
    so a month later i came along and bought it, it was never taxed and the tax office said i had to get a letter off the garage explaining why it was reg'd in the other persons name. you dont get the log book untill it is first taxed. i need an r100 form or something?? can someone please help me with this because i have to get it taxed asap. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Can the tax office not give you the form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

monster1 wrote: »
    i tried to tax my car but i couldn't. The car is a jap import. I bought it from a garage, someone put down a deposit on it but then they couldn't pay the rest of it and it was registered in their name.
    so a month later i came along and bought it, it was never taxed and the tax office said i had to get a letter off the garage explaining why it was reg'd in the other persons name. you dont get the log book untill it is first taxed. i need an r100 form or something?? can someone please help me with this because i have to get it taxed asap. thanks

Looks like you bought a stolen car buddy.
    Which garage would register a car to a customer if the car has not been paid, seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

You need to get the RF100 form from the motor dealer.

"(a) Car or Motorcycle

For the first taxing of a new or imported car or motorcycle the following will be required:

Application form RF100 (from motor dealer)
    Appropriate fee"

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/FirstTaxing/

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

well i got it from sumo imports. dont think they sell stolen vehicles. the person that was going buying it paid the vrt, but couldnt get the rest of the money together so he lost the vrt he paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

monster1 wrote: »
    well i got it from sumo imports. dont think they sell stolen vehicles. the person that was going buying it paid the vrt, but couldnt get the rest of the money together so he lost the vrt he paid.

AFAIK if this guy paid the VRT then the car is registered to him!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

DonJose wrote: »
    AFAIK if this guy paid the VRT then the car is registered to him!!!

Yeah, if he paid the VRT, it means he paid the car.
    Weird weird story buddy. Try to clarify.

Advertisement