Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wall mounting; what fixings?

• 10-01-2008 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

I've retired my old Dell W2600 to the bedroom to run as a second monitor come TV. Now I have a Vivanco mount that I got a good while ago but it never came with any wall fixings apart from those for fixing the TV itself t the bracket mount.
    There are 4 screwholes where the bracket will afix to the wall. The wall itself is concrete dividing wall in good shape...
    Just like to know what sized (lenght and gauge) screws/wallplugs I should be looking to get. The TV weighs 17 kgs and the bracket maybe another kilo.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Homer

Well the reason they generally don't supply the fixings is that they have no idea what type of wall it is going to be mounted on and also what type of TV you have!
    The size (length or diameter) of the fixings would be dependant on (length) the thickness of your wall and (diameter) the weight of the TV.
    I would generally use coach bolts or expanding bolts on a concrete wall for added peace of mind.
    The TV is not particularly heavy at 17Kg and is going into a concrete wall so you shouldn't have any problems with either solution.
    Hope that helps?
    Cheers

Advertisement