Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band work C&C

Options
  • 10-01-2008 3:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

First time really doing this kind of thing in photoshop, well with this many layers and whatnot. It's for a friend's band. Just wanted to see what people thought and what they think it needs, or doesn't need. I'm not 100% about the vignette and also maybe I should bring the flames out more, by burning perhaps. Any C&C and suggestions would be great.

2181390613_9a2b999782.jpg?v=0

2182177408_8b2524d431.jpg?v=0

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

The name of the band is lost in the first pic. I prefer the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

kensutz wrote: »
    The name of the band is lost in the first pic. I prefer the second one.

Agreed, the second one is better. Looks great though. Hey from bavaria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭bigeoino

Second one does it for me too.
    (what did it look like with name at bottom?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Cheers guys. Looked ok with the name at the bottom but with it at the top it just seemed to have more impact really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Great stuff - but I also think the name needs more definition.
    Drop shadow with 0px distance maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the first one looks very 80s.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I agree, you need to make the name stick out.
    Outer glow maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

It needs more contrast and the name of the band needs to stand out more.
    But more importantly, it needs removed from the Photography forum.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Oriel wrote: »
    It needs more contrast and the name of the band needs to stand out more.
    But more importantly, it needs removed from the Photography forum.

ah Oriel, you always say the nicest things :)

May I suggest you use the report post link if you want stuff moved, gets things done quicker then waiting for a mod to come across your post saying you want it moved :D

Sorry Oriel :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I like it. As others have said, the main issue is the type is lost in the image. try experimenting with some drop shadows, or some layer opacities to make it pop a bit more. Vignette in the second one works very nicely for me.

I presume this isn't for a boyband ? ;)

Their a Boyzone tribute band :D

Actually the main stuff I use photoshop for would be touching up photos a little and stuff, never really done anything like this before so any advice on how to make the txt stand out more, or anything else you can suggest would be great, cheers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

As mentioned drop shadow and outer glow would be good layer styles for highlighting text.
    I'd reduce the transparency of the text.
    Maybe you should get this thread moved to Digital Art and Design?

RCNPhotos wrote: »
    Sorry Oriel :rolleyes:

Exactly how sorry are you? Looking at it again I think the name could still use some more definition.

Probably the least sorry I've ever been about anything...ever. Yeah I've been playing around with glows and shadows and such, so we'l see. I also have a ticket for you Paul, for monday.

RCNPhotos wrote: »
    Probably the least sorry I've ever been about anything...ever. Yeah I've been playing around with glows and shadows and such, so we'l see. I also have a ticket for you Paul, for monday.

It's a ticket affair? Sounds serious. Any update on the graphic? I'm liking the logo, at first I figured it was too close to the medical symbol but now I'm liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

I like the second one... th vignetting draws the attention to the centre.

I have to agree with TelePaul regarding the logo. I know it's not the medial thing (Rod of Asclepius) but I think using a Cadeceus is not really appropriate. (I may be wrong, the band might be all about promoting business and commerce)

I think it's too common a symbol and my opinion of it here is hat's it's being used out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rahenyguy

hi if ya fancy sending me the psd ill have a bash at making the logo stand out

Advertisement