Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions please?

Options
  • 10-01-2008 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi i was just wonderig if someone could suggest a game for myself and a buddy to play online.. reason i'm asking for help is.. He's on a Mac and i'm on a PC... also both of us aren;t on super-machines and have low ram..

Any suggestions? Looking for a FPS.. i remember playing a star wars FPS a good few years back thought it was pretty good..
    Anyway anything out there mac & pc compatible that doesnt need alot of ram? maybe an old game?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Star Wars online game was probably Star Wars: Battlefront (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/). You might try something like Counter Strike or Battlefield 2. Both run on fairly low end systems, although i'm not sure if they run on Macs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If you want to throw your life away, World Of Warcraft works on both mac and PC (actually, I think the same disks work on both formats) and they run on fairly low end machines. Granted it's not an FPS, but you get to play together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

eve online has a mac client now too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

a good FPS hhmmmmm

You can always go with one of the Unreal Tournament games if your system can handle it try UT 2004 if not just go with the original UT game its multiplayer its an FPS you can play against real people or bots! but im not sure if anyone still plays the original UT. its all UT 2004 and UT 2007 now!!

Also tribes was a very popular game in its day its an FPS that runs on low end PCs

or the original counter strike (not the one that ships with HL2) as there is bot support for the old version of CS too.

The problem is and im stuck in the same boat as yourself is that if your gonna play a low spec FPS games on the internet (or multiplayer) your not going to get many players anymore on the servers since most people now play ultra high end games like COD4 or Cyrsis. I was faced with the choice of upgrading my PC (which im not doing) or moving from the FPS genre to something else.

As a previous poster mentioned there is always World of Warcraft (or world of warcrack as its affectionatly known) its not an FPS (though you can actually play the game first person in a round about kind of way) but it runs on low end PC's and it is a very good game. and there are millions of players that play the game. I started playing it and i got hooked.

Good luck what ever you choose mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Anna Begins

'AL wrote:
    [EN;54838205']a good FPS hhmmmmm

You can always go with one of the Unreal Tournament games if your system can handle it try UT 2004 if not just go with the original UT game its multiplayer its an FPS you can play against real people or bots! but im not sure if anyone still plays the original UT. its all UT 2004 and UT 2007 now!!

Also tribes was a very popular game in its day its an FPS that runs on low end PCs

or the original counter strike (not the one that ships with HL2) as there is bot support for the old version of CS too.

The problem is and im stuck in the same boat as yourself is that if your gonna play a low spec FPS games on the internet (or multiplayer) your not going to get many players anymore on the servers since most people now play ultra high end games like COD4 or Cyrsis. I was faced with the choice of upgrading my PC (which im not doing) or moving from the FPS genre to something else.

As a previous poster mentioned there is always World of Warcraft (or world of warcrack as its affectionatly known) its not an FPS (though you can actually play the game first person in a round about kind of way) but it runs on low end PC's and it is a very good game. and there are millions of players that play the game. I started playing it and i got hooked.

Good luck what ever you choose mate.

Well i'm not too pushed about getting lots of others to play as long as i can play against my buddy with the mac.. I did a huge search online for d/loadable FPS games that had both PC and mac links.. Only found one! And that woudlnt d/load for me! bollox! spose i'll have to go out and buy a new game.. (would have been happy with a free 6-7 year old game tbh!)

cheers for the replies guys..

• Advertisement
Advertisement