Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tata Nano

Options
  • 10-01-2008 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

BBC News
    Tata Motors has unveiled the world's cheapest motor car at India's biggest car show in the capital Delhi.

The vehicle, called the Tata Nano, will sell for 100,000 rupees or $2,500 (£1,277) and enable those in developing countries to move to four wheels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Looks like a poor copy of the Mitsubishi i
    car_photo_219550_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Read in one of the papers that they admitted the wheel bearings wear unacceptably when used above 70kmh - virtually useless for European driving, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

MYOB wrote: »
    useless for European driving

It's not meant for here. It's meant to get the hordes from a bike/moped into a car. Same as what happened here 50 or more years ago
    Tata wrote:
    designed to meet all safety standards and emissions laws

I somehow doubt he meant European safety standards and emissions laws :)

Indeed Unkle, I doubt they were ever intended for european markets, their main competitor would probably be the tuk-tuk
    800px-
    so expect to see them anywhere you currently see tuk-tuks

alias no.9 wrote: »
    so expect to see them anywhere you currently see tuk-tuks

Along the seafront in Brighton? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

hey,

Shouldn't we be proud here of this innovation?

Afterall, it is an IRISHMAN who owns Tata?:o

Afterall, it is an IRISHMAN who owns Tata?:o

Eh?

Sure you're not confused with Lola, the sports car company? Tata are in no way shape or form Irish owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Yeah Ratan Tata from Crossmolina. dont tell me you never heard of the Tata's, His wife is Bridget Tata, salt of the earth that family are. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Sure you're not confused with Lola, the sports car company? Tata are in no way shape or form Irish owned.
    LOL. Imagine if it was. We'd actually have an Irish multinational!

• Advertisement

ballooba wrote: »
    LOL. Imagine if it was. We'd actually have an Irish multinational!

CRH plc. Although Tata could probably buy them before breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

Indeed Unkle, I doubt they were ever intended for european markets, their main competitor would probably be the tuk-tuk

:D Indeed

This car might be for mighty 1 bn Indian Population I bet it never going set foot on Europe. But Tata is a lead contender to buy Landrover(Yummy Mummy/MILF vehicle) and Jag from Ford.

Tata closes in on Jaguar takeover

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

CRH plc. Although Tata could probably buy them before breakfast!
    It's a discussion for a different forum but any of the Fortune 500 could have CRH for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I know you are supposed to have a lot of fibre and all for breakfast but fibreboard?? That's going a bit far no!?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Tata also make a small comerical 4x4, a pickup truck and a mate of mine's family have some dealerships, his father saw these in the UK for sale and decided to bring them in..

Cant keep em on the forecourt, they are selling for around 10k for a 2 seater diesel.. very basic, but they work and are fairly good on fuel.. lots of small farmers, small shop owners etc buying em..

Somebody obviously sees the value of em.. :)

They also made the last nail in Rovers coffin, the cityrover
    800px-2004.rover.cityrover.style.arp.jpg
    which was a lightly disguised tata indica
    MHV_Tata_Indica_02.jpg
    They'd nearly have been as well off keeping the metro on sale.

They also made the last nail in Rovers coffin, the cityrover
    They'd nearly have been as well off keeping the metro on sale.

Good point. The cityrover didn't sell either and it was just insulting potential buyers' intelligence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Looks like a poor copy of the Mitsubishi i
    car_photo_219550_7.jpg

Is this car for sale in this country? I know it is being sold in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

It retails at $2,500 so we get it in Ireland for €5,000 ;)

India's Tata Motors on Thursday unveiled the world's cheapest car, bringing new mobility within the reach of tens of millions of people and nightmares to environmentalists, traffic engineers and safety advocates.

Company Chairman Ratan Tata, introducing the Nano — price tag $2,500 — during India's main auto show, drove onto a stage in a white version of the tiny four-door subcompact, his head nearly scraping the roof.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_on_bi_ge/india_ultracheap_car

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

DonJose wrote: »
    Ooops :o

No worries, threads merged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

That 'CityRover' sells in India as 'Indica' for about 8 to 12k euro - and believe me, they are practically everywhere!! I did nearly 2000 kms on one of them this December, a 1.3 diesel version, its a very long way to 60 kmph, but considered good value for money from average Indian point of view, there they compare cars by kmpl (kilometer per litre) not bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Tata also make a small comerical 4x4, a pickup truck and a mate of mine's family have some dealerships, his father saw these in the UK for sale and decided to bring them in..

Cant keep em on the forecourt, they are selling for around 10k for a 2 seater diesel.. very basic, but they work and are fairly good on fuel.. lots of small farmers, small shop owners etc buying em..

Somebody obviously sees the value of em.. :)

Whereabouts are they selling them, do they have a website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

I was'nt kidding..............the guy who is the main man behind TATA has irish citizenship..........

so, Technically the main man behind this new car and pricing innovation for the masses, is IRISH.

There, we should be proud...............RAFLMAO.:D

I wasn't kiddin - found this,

Ratan Tata, (who apparently has Irish Citizenship) chairman of the Tata Group, drives a Honda. Even so, a marque like Jaguar suits him just fine. His hot pursuit of two signature British brands, Jaguar and Land Rover is turning into a nail-biting finale of an aggressive buying spree that included Tetley, Daewoo's commercial vehicle arm and the Ritz-Carlton in Boston. In many ways, Ratan Tata stands for the business of making the impossible possible.

The 70-year-old's business skills are a blend of astute entrepreneurial skills, ability to take swift, tough decisions, and foresight. He is probably one of the first Indian corporate captains who did not hesitate to look beyond the physical geography of India's borders.

Tata thinks global, but at the core of his heart is a proud Indian with a fire in the belly to position India as an equal in the global comity of nations.

So - the TATA NANO is an IRISH INNOVATION - LOL

I suspect somthing could be found on Google if he had it and it was known.

Nothing can, not even that article...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Communist Scum.

Advertisement