Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tata Nano

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

the guy who is the main man behind TATA has irish citizenship..........

You need to google a bit better ;)

A quick google threw up these snippets of info. The Tata Group is an old family business led by Ratan Tata. 65.8% of the ownership of Tata Group is held by the charitable trust of Tata. Ratan Tata is an Indian citizen

Pallonji Mistry is a silent stakeholder in the Tata Group. With his 18.5% stake in Tata Sons, he is the single largest shareholder in the Tata Group. Pallonji Mistry gave up his Indian citizen ship to become an Irish citizen last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I'd stick with the tuk tuk. Wondered what the story about those Tata pick ups I'd seen was... for some reason I'd imagined that they were an Italian agricultural machinery company who were brand stretching. Because the Italian civil engineers that were putting in the gas pipes around the country a few years ago had some of them (at least they had them in my area in North Dublin). Nasty big wheel hubs sticking 6 inches out past the wheels though... like those cheap asian jeeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

Ratan Tata, (who apparently has Irish Citizenship) chairman of the Tata Group

Sorry being prick :o , Ratan Tata is not having Irish Citizenship, you might be thinking Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry who has 18.5 % stake in Tata Group, who has given up Indian Citizenship in 2007 become Irish for the love Guiness.

so it is 18.5% irishness i guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

I had a look at the ones on carzone but they seem to be a lot more than 10k new. I'd be interested to hear where your friends dealership is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

MySelf56 wrote: »
    Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry
    Who is apparently Tata's biggest shareholder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

Another Indian company, Bajaj, who have been market leader in Two wheeler segment has also announced that they will be producing cars by 2010, had a prototype on display and rumor is that its going to be around 3 to 4K euro.

Thats not all, there's a new F1 team, Force India, 'think its the old Jordan team, now owned by another Indian business tycoon, Vijay Mallya of United Breweries, old wine, new bottle, united breweries, eh?.. ok I'll get my coat... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

DonJose wrote: »
    It retails at $2,500 so we get it in Ireland for €5,000 ;)

Closer to €10,000 I'd bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hi Unkel and co,

gosh, your being Pedantic about yer man- I was just kiddin':D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement