Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

browning or winchester?

Options
  • 10-01-2008 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi,
    does anyone have either of these shotguns: Browning B525 premium gold or Winchester Select energy adjustable signiture. Both are sporters and use multi chokes, any bad experiences or good ones for that matter? Both are close ish on price, browning a tad more money.

Going by the respective websites the winchester is offering more extras than the browning and is cheaper, but sometimes cheaper does not mean better!:confused:

any help would be greatfully appreciated.

regards

peter g

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Hi Peter,

I don't know about the winchester select but i,ve had a Browning B525 Advanced sporter since last april and i find it to be a spectacular piece of engineering.

It handles like a dream and is very well balanced. the twin beads catch your eye very quickly when shouldering the gun, making it a pleasure to shoot. I have used mine for, decoying pigeon/fowl, clays and game with equal effect. I normally use my semi when decoying but found the Browning well able the soak up the heavy recoil of 3" magnum cartridges.

My younger brother who is a die hard Beretta 687 fan absolutely loves it too.

Hezz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

They're built by the same company. Winchester, Browning and Miroku are all part of the same company. Unfortunatly I don't have the money to afford one but my preference would go to a Belgian/Liege built Browning anytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

definatly the browning have a 525 myself and think its a great gun to use

Advertisement