Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warning sign has come on

Options
  • 10-01-2008 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi, was driving into work and a warning sign came on on the dash, the one that shows the engine. The manual says to go easy on the gas and drive to nearest garage. I checked the radiator and it was fine. The temp gauge was also ok.

Car is a Volkswagen passat. anyone now why this would happen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

was the message

STOP
    CHECK COOLANT

or what was it? i have a passat, and am very active on other passat forums so should be able to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 dara28

phill106 wrote: »
    was the message

STOP
    CHECK COOLANT

or what was it? i have a passat, and am very active on other passat forums so should be able to help!

Thanks,

It mentioned the lambda sensors, and exhaust emmissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Exact model, year, mileage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 dara28

unkel wrote: »
    Exact model, year, mileage?

its 1.6 comfortline, 2002, 45,000 mls.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

I had the exact same solid light appear on my Passat two days ago, 01 1.8 66,000 miles.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Sounds like your Lamda sensor needs replacing.
    If you take the car to a Volkswagen / Audi garage they can plug their diagnostic tool into the car and tell you exactly what is wrong.
    The last time I got a diagnostic report done on a Passat was about 2 years ago and cost €35.

By only getting the diagnostic report done at the dealer you can then
    go and get the actual work carried out by a cheaper mechanic.
    I would recommend getting the diagnostic report first though so
    you can be certain of what exactly is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

happened in friends polo, came up once, then never again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

dara28 wrote: »
    Hi, was driving into work and a warning sign came on on the dash, the one that shows the engine. The manual says to go easy on the gas and drive to nearest garage. I checked the radiator and it was fine. The temp gauge was also ok.

Car is a Volkswagen passat. anyone now why this would happen

That light will come on in any VAG car for the slightest of faults. If the car is running normally and there are no obvious faults, check all your lights and electrical equipment is working ok. Otherwise take it to any VW, Skoda, Seat, Audi dealer and ask them to put it on the computer. Its probably something fairly minor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Could be your brake light fuse , we had a bora that kept blowing fuses and the warning light kept coming on , didnt know what it was , we were driving around for a week with no brake lights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Boggins127

Had tht sign come up in my old 06 passat i just kept driving as the car was brand new and it just turned off.. Have a new 08 passat 1.4 turbo have no problems lovely car

• Advertisement
Advertisement