Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Nokia N70 upgrade?

• 10-01-2008 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I have just become eligible for an upgrade with my pay monthly vodafone account. I am currently using a Nokia 6230i which is grand for grabbing Gmail on the go, messaging and so on. But the only one that appeals to me if I wanted to upgrade is the N70. Worth the 99e?

I compared a few of them on nokia.ie and I like the overall package of the N70. Does anyone have any particular difficulties with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

The N70 is quite a good phone and a step up from the 6230i. The only thing to bear in mind is its a Symbian operating system and menus etc are all different to what you are used to.

Worth the 99 Euro?.....Hmmmm..... Seems expensive for an upgrade when you can buy it prepay for 159 from Vodafone and avail of the free credit also. I dont know the upgrade prices for Vodafone but they are only giving you 60 Euros off the prepay price.

Another phone to look at is the 6300 which is closer to what you have but higher spec and its slimmer than the 6230i. Again, it depends on the upgrade price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The N70 is a fantastic phone on paper but in reality its one of the slowest and unreliable S60 nokias ever made, my wife had one and it was a joke

As mentioned the 6300 is a great little phone, its what the wife has now. If the buttons are to small try the 6233 which is pretty much the same phone but more big thumb friendlier

Advertisement