Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry

Options
  • 10-01-2008 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the date for the Ring of Kerry cycle this year, it is usually held on a Saturday in early July. I am trying to organise holidays at work at the moment so if anyone knows I would appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Contact one of the people listed on the left of the Ring of Kerry Cycle website.

I thoroughly enjoyed it last year, the first time doing it. The rest stops were very well stocked. The weather was great (except for a few short showers) and the scenery fantastic.
    If you do the Wicklow 200 then you'll find this considerably easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I did both last year and the Ring of Kerry was definitely more enjoyable. I e-mailed one of the organisers and he has just replies to me - this years Ring of Kerry is on Saturday 5th July

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Does anyone have a profile for this?
    The GF is thinking of doing it so I'd like to get an idea of the going. There doesn't appear to be a profile here: http://www.ringofkerrycycle.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

There are a few on Motion Based from 2006 and 2007:

2006 example

Try a search for "ring kerry" (it doesn't seem to like the "of")

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Yeah I guess the course can't change much if at all year on year.
    I'm hoping to do them both this year, have signed up for W200 already.
    Not done either before, so fingers crossed. Reckon if I get through the W200 I can do the ROK too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

kenmc wrote: »
    Reckon if I get through the W200 I can do the ROK too...
    I found the ROK to be much easier than the W200. It was cooler so that might have helped, but the climbs are a lot less severe in ROK.

Advertisement