Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CLASSIFIED: New Mod Required

• 10-01-2008 10:54am
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a new mod for this forum. Could anyone who is interested please PM me with their details: why they want to mod the forum and what sort of time and expertise they can devote to it.

Let me warn any potential applicants that moderating this forum is not for those with a low patience threshold.

Cheers,
    hullaballú.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Incidentally, feel free to respond to this thread with any suggestions or feedback.

Thanks folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Is a low post count a problem? My posts to time registered ratio is pathetically low but i generrally only post here and the three consumer forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Personally, i've found Rhonda, Tom Young and JohnnySkeleton to be active contributers, and also bring some common sense to the forum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'd also support Rhonda and Tom Young, both were an excellent help to me.

Nothing against Johnny Skeleton, I just don't know the guy.

Are you going to stop modding hullaballú?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Beano wrote:
    Is a low post count a problem? ...
    Absolutely not! I think I had approximately 450 posts when this forum came about.

I'll consider anyone's interest and try to pick someone I think knows the workings of the forum well enough.

I should have said at the start: it's not a requirement that you've a law degree/qualification/professional qualification - but if you're interested in moderating, and have any of the above, please do let me know.

• Advertisement

Are you going to stop modding hullaballú?
    I have no intention leaving this forum to anyone else for a good long time. I have a certain view of it in mind and I've been consistently the most active mod on the board since it started (albeit there have only been three).

I don't think I'm a particularly good mod or anything, but I know this forum inside and out. Only when I feel there's another moderator in the same position would I be happy to leave it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The choice of moderator is up to the admins (recommended by the current mods of course). If you think someone's up to the job, feel free to recommend them. We will (well, hulla will) still decide ourselves and ask the person before assigning anyone as a mod. If you don't think they're up to the job, keep your mouth closed. This isn't a democratic debate on the subject.

pirelli wrote: »
    Please folks, I'm not going to warn any of you again. I'm not your mummy, and I'm not going to sort out whatever personal difficulties you have between each other. You're all adults and you can sort out your difficulties yourselves. My patience in this regard is wearing thin, and I'm going to start removing posts an users who I feel are upsetting the smooth running of this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

G'wan then I'll do it ;)

Pm me a link to the mod forum there hubbabubba.

I've banned people for less than that sickth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

And I would too ... given the chance :(

Advertisement