Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PS3] PES2008 looks rubbish on HDTV over HDMI !?

Options
  • 10-01-2008 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Got my PS3 over Christmas. Downloaded the PES2008 demo just to see how it faired compared to the 360 & PC demos.

Thought it looked good and was great to play PES with the PS pad again ;)

Anyway, bought it a few days later 2nd hand. I have to say it now looks crap.
    I thought the demo looked way better.

It looks like a PS1 game !
    Alright the gameplay is pretty good but the graphics are shocking.

Have it hoked up over HDMI and all other games look class. Is this the norm for PES2008 ?

I must hook it over over component to check it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

The game only plays over 720p and not 1080i, this might be the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

had this game for about a month , played multiplayer and master league
    couldnt get past the bad graphics and the laggy gameplay even with the update
    patch was still laggy , got the updated option files with official kits still looked
    sh*te .

I really , really , really hate to say it but i moved over to fifa and havnt looked back .This is the first time ive bought a fifa game in ten years , konami have lost a lot of loyal fans over this piece of crap :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭_PCahill_

The patch they released made the gfx look a bit worse - that was how they speeded the game up a bit.....

if you delete the patch for it the gfx will improve but the game play will go incredibly jerky!

The way it is now should still be way beyond a ps1 game though!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Looks fine on my 37" Philips, connected with a HDMI cable.
    Patch didn't helpoffline play, until I dropped the setting on the PS3 down from 1080i to 720p. Plays beautifully now, woth no real slow down. Online still cack though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

pes was made for the xbox 360 and ported to ps3,i have had both versions playing at 720p on my 40" hd tv(no point in 1080i as the game was only made in 720p)xbox over vga and playstation over hdmi. the playstation verson looks like ps1 compared to the xbox,this wont be the case with the next one because it will be made properly for both.but for the time being,picture quality wise,the xbox wins hands down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I used to be a fifa man through and through but am really enjoying 08. Graphics aint the best even on HD but i play the footy games for gameplay not graphics.

We've had it a month and brother and i still play 3-4 games every couple days!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

i think the new pes in terrible i have a 46inch full hd samsung with hdmi and ps3 and think it's terrible its so glitchy and jumpy the close you sit the less jumpy it is but u can't sit too close to a 46inch cuz ur eyes are in bits afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

dc69 wrote: »
    pes was made for the xbox 360 and ported to ps3,i have had both versions playing at 720p on my 40" hd tv(no point in 1080i as the game was only made in 720p)xbox over vga and playstation over hdmi. the playstation verson looks like ps1 compared to the xbox,this wont be the case with the next one because it will be made properly for both.but for the time being,picture quality wise,the xbox wins hands down
    Your joking right... PES was on the PlayStation long before the Xbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Nailz wrote: »
    Your joking right... PES was on the PlayStation long before the Xbox!

yeah,im thinking the same,but why in the replay mode,look at the controls,there distinctively made for the Xbox,looks like Konami got lazy :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

its terrible on my Samsung 42" @ 720p aswell. The pitch looks insanely bad. they some really lazy programming this year

• Advertisement
Advertisement