Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV Map?

• 10-01-2008 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Hey, nothing major here, but I thought I'd post it anyway in case you haven't seen it. It appears that in the third trailer the map of Liberty City was partially revealed. Linky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Jesz there are some seriously sad people in this world:(
    Wonder how long did it him to find it. Probly isent the real map and when he finds out he'll go to his school and murder a few people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Then some nutjob will make a game related to the murders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

to bad its not bigger than san an:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm glad that it's not as big, san andreas was way too big imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

While the map isn't as big as san andreas, from what I have read it will be fully populated with buildings (no countryside) so that will definity make the map seem bigger then it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cremo wrote: »

Definitely.
    Vice City was the best sized map that they've had so far imo, it was easy to get to know without having to trudge through countryside to get to your destination.
    Hopefully it'll be on a similar scale to VC (perhaps a little larger wouldn't hurt)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

id way prefer a san andreas size city. then id like another city and countryside game for gta 5. vice city was the dogs bollix but it was around the size of mullingar or somewhere in real terms. we need big cities! and whats with every city being an island? there can only be so many towering metropolis' off the coast of america! as well as that im pretty fcuked off that in the 'gta world' liberty city is now a completely different city with different place names, landmarks etc. i like consistency and there is no reason they couldn't have fabricated a new city name. simple as.

Cremo wrote: »
    The bigger the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

no countryside and smaller map will make this worse than san andreas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I like having the countryside in San Andreas it adds a little contrast to the game being constantly in a city can get boring, at least with the countryside in S.A you can get in a car and go off road if you feel like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Last three posts - +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Bazuki

Aye, I loved having the country side in SA, made a nice change from the constant cities.

Vice City is still the better game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

afree with bazuki more than any other post evar haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ManCalledHorse

Personaly i thought the map in SA was fine, has to be said it did get boring constantly being in the city but the thing that i didn't like about it was the missions i.e. the mission in china town where if you didn't have it you had to be able to swim under water for a long time!why? why couldn't i just go shoot some people and complete the mission i didn't buy the game to learn how to swim! that's only one mission that came of the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

My biggest problem with SA was the fact that you had to complete the flying school to progress in the game. That truly sucked when playing with a keyboard and mouse. I found the map ok. Did NOT like the turf wars though. Its annoying as feck having to keep rushing back there to fight some twats off when you're busy over on the other side of the map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I most say i really like having the countryside. i suppose maybe they could have made it bit smaller, but i liked it all the same.
    Personaly i thought the map in SA was fine, has to be said it did get boring constantly being in the city but the thing that i didn't like about it was the missions i.e. the mission in china town where if you didn't have it you had to be able to swim under water for a long time!why? why couldn't i just go shoot some people and complete the mission i didn't buy the game to learn how to swim! that's only one mission that came of the top of my head.

I liked how u had to develop yur character and it really didn't that long to get him in the right shape.
    Stephen wrote: »
    My biggest problem with SA was the fact that you had to complete the flying school to progress in the game. That truly sucked when playing with a keyboard and mouse. I found the map ok.

I thought the flight school was brialliant. One of my fav missions. I was using a keyboard and mouse to and did particularly find it harder because of that. Yeah it did get annoying sometimes but i still loved it.
    Stephen wrote: »
    Did NOT like the turf wars though. Its annoying as feck having to keep rushing back there to fight some twats off when you're busy over on the other side of the map.

That was a bit annoying alright. it was fun taking the places but not having to go back and defend them all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Turf wars were easy with a tank.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

Vice City was my least favourite, and it was far to small, it even felt smaller than GTA3

OMG that lad on that forum was right:eek:
    Go onto to http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/ , click on the city when it comes up.

LOL:D OMG
    Look at the irish bar, the cut of the accent!
    You can even play darts there. 180!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Holy shìt! You Danish fella' on the forum was right! :eek: He's still a sad bàstard though...

Nailz wrote: »
    :eek: He's still a sad bàstard though...
    Ha Ha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 p3a

Hey, i found a lot of information about the map and game setting: link

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Sorry, but there's nothing new there. It's just the same map shown on the official site. The street map you see is just a normal map of NY.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5903/gtaivmap2sn9.jpg

man they watch way too much csi or something :)

I love the steinway beer garden, I'll be spending most of my time there lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 peterk12

dont u think its a bit stupid getting drunk i like killing people not going into a bar and getting drunk !!which is better gta 3 or vice city or sa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

peterk12 wrote: »
    dont u think its a bit stupid getting drunk i like killing people not going into a bar and getting drunk!! which is better gta 3 or vice city or sa?
    I'm sorry, but you can still kill people... Getting drunk is just an added bonus! :D And we already had a thread based on your question, right me-aw!

Advertisement