Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CC Semi 1st Leg

Options
  • 10-01-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

I was a lot happier with our performance last night then some of our other recent games. The only downside was the missed chances.

I think if we can put in even more effort in the 2nd Leg then we should progress to the final. (Providing some of the lads get more clinical in front of goal).

Their goal was a fluke, what can you say other than lucky lucky arsenal (again).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I was a lot happier with our performance last night then some of our other recent games. The only downside was the missed chances.
    (again).

Only saw 2nd half - Sky box recording problem - but i thought we were very comfortable with King and Cerny at the back, even Lee looked like a defender.

Think we'll take them at the Lane and on to Wembley for final against Everton!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

galinka wrote: »
    Only saw 2nd half - Sky box recording problem - but i thought we were very comfortable with King and Cerny at the back, even Lee looked like a defender.

Think we'll take them at the Lane and on to Wembley for final against Everton!!
    No, I think we had our chance - and as usual, we blew it!
    They looked tired after there "2 games in a row" they wouldn't be used to playing that much football. They will be fitter next game, and you can be sure Wenger will have a couple or 3 replacements on the bench next game, he is no fool. see how we look when Fabuarse, Abeybye-bye, diarrhoea and FlammingKnee are the Field. This was a great chance no doubt about that, we should have taken our chance when we had it. How ironic is it, in th only area we have been firing on all season (scoring goals) we couldn't come up with the goods against the arse - and then we improve in our all round defending and they get the lucky goal they did - No mate, as I put on my brightly coloured head scarf and stare into my Crystal ball - I see sadness at at the lane of the white hearted......again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

John W wrote: »
    No, I think we had our chance - and as usual, we blew it!
    They looked tired after there "2 games in a row" they wouldn't be used to playing that much football. They will be fitter next game, and you can be sure Wenger will have a couple or 3 replacements on the bench next game, he is no fool. see how we look when Fabuarse, Abeybye-bye, diarrhoea and FlammingKnee are the Field. This was a great chance no doubt about that, we should have taken our chance when we had it. How ironic is it, in th only area we have been firing on all season (scoring goals) we couldn't come up with the goods against the arse - and then we improve in our all round defending and they get the lucky goal they did - No mate, as I put on my brightly coloured head scarf and stare into my Crystal ball - I see sadness at at the lane of the white hearted......again:(

Jeez John, you really know how to cheer us up mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

good performance but have we blown it again??????!! Another goal would have been nice but its a simple game plan for the return leg, we have to outscore the goons, which i think is very possible. Any one know if the away goals rule is in operation in the carling cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

mushykeogh wrote: »
    good performance but have we blown it again??????!! Another goal would have been nice but its a simple game plan for the return leg, we have to outscore the goons, which i think is very possible. Any one know if the away goals rule is in operation in the carling cup?

The away goal rule comes into operation after 90mins + 30mins extra time, however I really cant see the score being 0-0 after 120mins. We just need to go at them from the off and hopefully put a few in the net.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

It was a criminal result, arsenal's hopes of a place in the final should be dead and buried to be honest. What really pisses me off is that we've gone to old trafford, anfield and the emirates (x2) this season and played well in all games but have feck all to show for it. On the plus side, Ledley King was immense and it seemed like his presence alone helped the others at the back to raise their games too. Amazing the difference he makes to the side..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Should have won it.

Advertisement