Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3rd Provisional, Test on 5th Feb, Full Licence Driver required?

Options
  • 10-01-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've my test on 5th Feb, have to do it in Ballymun.

Just went onto my third provisional for Cat. B.

Technically I shouldn't drive on my own but has anyone on a first or third licence turned up to the test to have the tester check if they were accompanied by a full licence driver?

I know previously they didn't but with the learner permit and all the new rules I ain't so sure these days.

Any replies appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

No you dont, when you drive to the test centre you park and go in, even if you drove there with someone they would never know, beside they cant fail you on something you did before the test (except on how you parked)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Had slight concerns over this myself. Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

How the applicant gets to the test centre is not within the remit of the testers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Thought as much myself.

Had heard crap on the radio that if you fail you couldn't drive outta the test centre, who's gonna enforce that in fairness, the gardai have better things to be doing.

Cheers.

Advertisement