Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presidents Gig Coming Up Soon!

Options
  • 10-01-2008 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Want a great night out? These guys put on one hell of a show. I've been to see them in Dublin twice before and believe me, there's plenty of fun to be had without drink. This band is all about crowd participation! Check out their music here
    http://www.myspace.com/thepresidentsoftheunitedstatesofamerica
    The Presidents Of The United States Of America

Live @ Tripod April 26th

Tickets on Sale Friday Jan 11th @ 9am!

These are the good times, people. No, really.

And who better to set the record straight than the PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

The trio returns on 10th March with THESE ARE THE GOOD TIMES PEOPLE, their first album in three years and fourth overall. It will be released via Cooking Vinyl in the UK and Europe. To Coincide with this release the band will be touring and will perform in Dublin's Tripod on April 26th. Tickets are €25 on sale this Friday Jan 11th @ 9am through Ticketmast and other usual outlets.

From the opening, celebratory blast of the first single "Mixed Up SOB" - which embraces the spirit of the band's 4.5 million-selling eponymous debut - to the warm, Shins-like lilt of "Loose Balloon," the group commandeers your attention with 14 contagious winners.

With the collective strengths of founding vocalist, basitar player and principal songwriter CHRIS BALLEW, original drummer JASON FINN and guitbass player ANDREW MCKEAG - who officially joins the band with this album - PUSA have delivered an inventive and uplifting rock & roll album.

THESE ARE THE GOOD TIMES PEOPLE, was recorded with Northwest legends The Fastbacks' and Young Fresh Fellows own Kurt Bloch (Robyn Hitchcock, Mudhoney, Les Thugs) and mixed by Martin Feveyear (Screaming Trees, The Epoxies, Amber Pacific). PUSA dig deep and pull off their most diverse and accomplished record yet on THESE ARE THE GOOD TIMES PEOPLE, which shares the landscape with recent acclaimed efforts by like-minded groups The Hives and They Might Be Giants.

The complete track listing is: "Mixed Up S.O.B.", "Ladybug", "Sharpen Up Those Fangs", "More Bad Times", "French Girl", "Truckstop Butterfly", "Ghosts Are Everywhere", "Loose Balloon", "Flame is Love", "So Lo So Hi", "Poor Turtle", "Rot in the Sun", "Warhead", and "Deleter"

The Seattle-based groups' eponymous debut burst into the public eye in 1995 on the strength of radio smashes like "Lump" and "Peaches". They have been serving out their trademark joy-pop to crowds worldwide ever since. Their most recent campaign, around 2004's Love Everybody - featured sold out concerts in cities across the globe, including London, Amsterdam, Sydney, and Medford, OR. At these frenetic performances, blissed-out teens by the thousands have served as testament to PUSA's timelessness.

The PUSA play Live @ Tripod April 26th. Tickets are €25 through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide.

Booking Line: 0818 719 390

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

And I thought I was the only non-drinking presidents fan...
    ''kitty at my foot and I wanna touch it''
    ...classic.
    Are tickets on sale yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

Tickets went on sale last Friday! Good to meet another Presidents fan :) have you heard the new album - it's deadly

No! Haven't bought or heard it yet but its on the list, so hopefully I will soon! Is it any good?

No! Haven't bought or heard it yet but its on the list, so hopefully I will soon! Is it any good?

Very good! The last album was great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

They look well worth a visit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

I can't wait for this gig they're the best but I'm definitely gonna drink :D

I haven't bought an album of theirs in quite a while... They BETTER play all the classics.
    Song I'm most looking forward to - Boll Weevil (PLEEEEASE let them play it)

They played all of their hits at the last two gigs they did in Dublin! 'Kitty' was brilliant!

This gig is a happenin' this Saturday night folks! :cool:

If you wanna go - tickets are still available here: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/859746

Let me know if you'll be around and we'll meet ya there :)

(I leave work today at 5.30 so twud be great if ya could let me know before then please!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Come by http://www.presidentsrock.com/forum for more info and just general banter about PUSA. :D

I'll be at the gig on Saturday but definitely WILL be drinking....a lot! :p

• Advertisement

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Come by http://www.presidentsrock.com/forum for more info and just general banter about PUSA. :D

I'll be at the gig on Saturday but definitely WILL be drinking....a lot! :p

Good for you - drink and be merry! I shall check out this forum you speak of.

Yeah - I've been to see the Presidents twice already and I can pretty much guarantee fun-a-plenty for ye sober folk such as myself :) that is if ya like jumpin' til your socks fall off and joyfully singin' your little heart out...good times ahoy I say! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Also check out http://www.pusa2008.org it's very funny. :D
    Coincidentally I'll be wearing a tshirt advertising this site tomorrow at the gig ;)

I think you're right. PUSA are a feel good band, the music is great. I've seen them twice before too.

That was a brilliant gig folks! :p I hope everyone who went enjoyed it as much as me! I think one of the highlights had to be when the guy got up on stage and proposed to his girlfriend while the band played 'Candy'. Big cheers and smiles all around :) And she said yes! (who wouldn't with a moshing, menacing, sweaty crowd screaming 'Say Yes!') And then when the singer got a girl up to sing who he just met in the bar. Now that is just plain cool. And his girlfriend was sellin' the merchandise and she was such a sweetie-pie. The Presidents always kick some serious ass. See ya at their next gig, whenever or wherever that may be.

Advertisement