Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA star signs with WWE?

• 10-01-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

GERWECK.NET has learned that TNA mainstay “Wildcat” Chris Harris, a member of the multiple time tag team champions America’s Most Wanted, has signed with World Wrestling Entertainment. Apparently Harris’ contract with TNA expired last week, and despite the company wanting him to stay, Harris agreed to terms with WWE.

For his sake I hope he doesnt go the way of Monty Brown :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's a bit of a surprise. I was expecting to read about Ron Killings when I opened this thread. Harris has got a much better chance of success in WWE than Killings or Monty I think. I also like him more than the other two, although it was a lot easier to like him a couple of years ago before TNA killed my interest in him. Good luck to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I wasn't expecting to see his name pop up either.I really liked his work a couple of years ago.Then,with the combination of being involved in crap storylines,I dont think that he gave a **** anymore and he became a fairly average wrestler.I definitley think that he has talent and wish him the best of luck in WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Good news for wWE and Smackdown! Where I assume he'll debut. Hopefully he won't be put onto ECW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Seems he has not signed just yet, wouldn't mind seeing him in WWE though!

PWInsider.com:

- Despite rumors online, TNA wrestler Chris Harris has not yet signed with World Wrestling Entertainment. It is possible that Harris is leaving but he is still under contract with TNA for at least another week, therefore he cannot legally sign a new deal until his contract officially expires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    That's a bit of a surprise. I was expecting to read about Ron Killings when I opened this thread. Harris has got a much better chance of success in WWE than Killings or Monty I think. I also like him more than the other two, although it was a lot easier to like him a couple of years ago before TNA killed my interest in him. Good luck to him

I thought Killings too.

Ah well, i think Harris could do alright he seems to have something about him from what i've seen of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I like Harris from what I have seen of him (haven't watched TNA in about 18 months).
    I'd like to see him do well with the WWE, but they'll probably just bury him on ECW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Maybe, just MAYBE, as a result of this, TNA might push James Storm as a serious contender. He is incredible. But again, TNA are too thick to realise this.

I think Harris could so well in WWE. He'll need a gimmick though. That whole Wildcat thing is a bit generic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

A bit on Wrestling Observer about what Harris a month ago:
    -- This hasn't gotten any attention, but a month ago, Chris Harris wrote a really interesting pseudo-shoot blog on his official website. Basically, he complains about TNA holding him down, although he appears to be "in character" in the piece.

For instance, he wrote: "That glass ceiling that I was suppose to break through suddenly had a trap door that fell right on top of me. Dustin Rhodes returned to TNA and cost me to lose the match with Christian. Within days I found myself locked in a feud with a re-creation of Golddust with a sick...evil twist. Nothing against Dustin...because I like him and he has had a great career, but how does this help me? In a matter of weeks I went from the main events to the bottom of the card in matches that were barely talked about. My TV time was cut in half. I was told when we went to 2 hours things would change. The next two months my matches with Dustin at the PPVs were not even mentioned when building for the show. Somehow I managed to get the task of making sure Black Reign made a huge impact in TNA...at Chris Harris' expense!"

He also complains about all the TV time Kurt Angle has been getting: "I will first say that Kurt has earned his spot in wrestling. He is one of the greatest performers I have ever seen...but how much Kurt Angle do we need. It wasn't that he wasn't good in his role because he is very entertaining. We just don't need 11 segments of Kurt in one show. (I counted one night while watching Impact)"

He then complains about being left off of their November PPV and how he is losing his passion for wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

There is a report on tnawrestling.com say they have parted ways with Harris and wish him the best of luck in the future, if used right he could be big in WWE they need fresh talent like Harris and Killings

EdK wrote: »
    There is a report on tnawrestling.com say they have parted ways with Harris and wish him the best of luck in the future

I don't see it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't see it now

They took it down, for some reason.

This news is now official according to the Wrestling Observer site

Advertisement