Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USD current account

Options
  • 10-01-2008 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the following:

* have a USD current account which I can deposit checks in USD.
    * have a credit or debit card that automatically debits transactions in USD from the USD account, so there are no currency conversion fees.

I've tried to arrange this with AIB, BOI, Halifax but either they don't offer this, or they'll charge several hundreds of euros each quarter for this.

Did anyone succeeded at that? Any hints?

Thanks,
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

I'd like to know. I have a US bank account but it would sure be nicer to have a dollar account over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Most banks will charge you alot for a USD account. You can have a USD deposit a/c but min balances will be needed to open it up, 5/6k. The charges a alot lower. Better going to the states and getting one there if you can.

Advertisement