Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Nov 24] IPSA Level 2 Practical Pistol Match MNSI

• 14-11-2007 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭

The Competition Committee of The IPSA are running a Level 2 Practical Pistol Match on the MNSI Range
    First Squad is on deck at 10.00 Sharp
    6 Stages
    88 Rnds
    Match Details and online entry at www.ipscireland.org

DVC

John FitzGerald .Regional Director IPSA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Any results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Sparks wrote: »
    Any results?

Hi Sparks,

The results of an IPSA shoot are e-mailed only to the competitors and officials attending each match, for security reasons etc I believe. During the match they are posted on the notice board but are usually taken down as the range is being cleared and cleaned. :cool:

Can't say as I agree with that policy VB. Even first initial and last name was acceptable up North in the bad old days...

Yeh true enough, but I believe someone complained or something in the early days so they decided not to make the scores public. Something like "I don't want everyone knowin' that I have a handgun and stuff, take my name and details off that list now"

I'm a member of the IPSA and have shot at many of they're shoots, great fun, and as a shooter I have no problem with their policy of shooters and officials only receiving the scores.

Different folks, different strokes etc. We all have our own ways of doing things.

The scores are posted on the notice boards during the match, come on down some day and see what you think.

Just had a taught............may be it's a way of getting more spectators.........:cool:

V Bull wrote: »
    Yeh true enough, but I believe someone complained or something in the early days so they decided not to make the scores public. Something like "I don't want everyone knowin' that I have a handgun and stuff, take my name and details off that list now"
    Like I said, even in the bad old days up north, your first initial and last name and score went up, and noone had a problem with it and it never comprimised anyone's personal security.
    Sending results in the post to people with firearms licences, however, was not so well appreciated by those in some of the more contentious areas.
    Different folks, different strokes etc. We all have our own ways of doing things.
    I can accept that - I just think it's a daft idea that does them harm.
    Just had a taught............may be it's a way of getting more spectators.........:cool:
    Nope, it just keeps the competitions a closed room to the rest of us.
    And the irony of people being happy to be personally seen on a range with a firearm, but not happy to have their name and score up on a sports board or website... well, it's rather funny in a way I suppose :D

• Advertisement

Not going to get into a silly never ending argument with you Sparks but I did say they e-mailed the results etc, not by post, please read post properly.......

Er, VBull, you do realise email's about as secure as a postcard left blu-tacked to the outside of a postbox, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Mark.
    The reason I did not post the results here was as V Bull stated we had a number of competitors from both the NITSA club in Newry and also the Kells Club both in NI , in this instance a number of competitors from NI asked not to be mentioned in the results . Normally I will post the results of approved matches on this forum . No offence or slight was intended . On a more positive note we have submitted a extensive article to Irish Shooters Digest for the March Issue , detailing the work of the IPSA and outlining what we have planned for 2008 .

John

No offence or slight was intended .
    None was taken John, I just hold views on publicising events that seem to be at odds with some of our more conservative community members :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

I fully agree , we are wont to hide our various lights under various and many differant types of bushells , this year we will be taking a more proactive approach to our (IPSA ) PR .

jOHN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Folks,

What could be suggested to shooters at future matches is to post results with their IPSC Alias.

I agree with the principal of not showing any part of my name in a public forum in relation to the ownership of specific firearms etc. An all around not good idea - Sparks - I believe you fell foul of such loose tongues in the past.

However, everyone has an immutable IPSC alias, which they setup upon joining - behold FRJACK - I would assume for this very reason - I for one would be happy to have scores made public under those aliases. Those that know will know and those that don't can see how we progress. (Honestly - I have progressed :D )

It is always good for people who are not partaking of a sport directly to have some sense of the frequency of events and the scale of the attendance in order to tickle their fancy and get them to come and have a look.

Obviously you need everyone to agree or you cannot show anything.

My tuppence worth.

B'Man

Bananaman wrote: »
    I agree with the principal of not showing any part of my name in a public forum in relation to the ownership of specific firearms etc. An all around not good idea - Sparks - I believe you fell foul of such loose tongues in the past.
    Nope, never have.

Advertisement