Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT cancellation fee issue

Options
  • 10-01-2008 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I was asked by my Dad to book his car for the NCT. He bought the car in November 07 and the previous NCT was expired. Went online to book and found that they are demanding a cancellation fee for a test in September which must have been booked by the previous owner. Naturally he thinks it is unfair they are charging for a missed appointment that has nothing to do with him.

Has another else ever come across this problem before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I was asked by my Dad to book his car for the NCT. He bought the car in November 07 and the previous NCT was expired. Went online to book and found that they are demanding a cancellation fee for a test in September which must have been booked by the previous owner. Naturally he thinks it is unfair they are charging for a missed appointment that has nothing to do with him.

yep - happened to me when i bought my car off my brother.

Once I explained to them the previous cancelation was not of my doing, and that I had purchased the car after that date they got rid of the cancelation fee. No big hassle.

However, I would assume the car was originally registed in september of the year it was bought. When your dad gets his NCT on the car, it will be back dated to September, so he won't get the full two years out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Who did you explain it to the test centre or the call centre?

The car was actually registered in May so he knows the ropes as regards to not getting the full 2 years, but what can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

spoke to someone in the call centre at the time, and confirmed it at the test centre the day of the test from memory, it is coming up on 2 years since i got it done so the memory is a little hazey

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Bond-007 wrote: »

Cancellation fee from previous owner will be waived as it has nothing to do with current owner. I had to do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Happened to me before but I paid it like a fool - didn't think you could get out of it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement