Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel astra price question

Options
  • 10-01-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

My friend is looking to buy one of these new this year for his Wife
    1.3CDTi 16V (90PS) SXi SPORT HATCH 3dr: €25,480

I was telling him to hold off till July when the new vrt rates come in as he may save some cash

Can anyone tell me where or even if I can find out how much he will save or not save if he waits till after all these new rules come in ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

nudge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

VRT will drop from 22.5% to 16% so nearly €2k saved there. Motor tax is the gift that will keep giving because it gos from €298 to €150 per year. Having said that there is an emotional cost involved in having a wife who wants a new car, not getting her new car until july.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

thanks for that

Advertisement