Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop zip files appearing as folders

• 10-01-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what I need to do to stop Windows Explorer treating zip files as if they were subfolders? I have a folder with about 450 zip files in it, and every time I open it in Explorer, it takes a good few minutes as I assume Explorer is indexing all the contents or whatever. It's useful in some circumstances, so if it's something that can be turned off per folder, then coolio, but I'll learn to live without it if it's a case of turning it off completely.

I've gone through my winzip options and my explorer folder options, and can't see anything that would help me, and my googling has let me down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Yeah I hate that too. What you need to do is, click on START> RUN and type in:

regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\zipfldr.dll

I made a batch file that I run anytime I do a clean install of XP.

regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\zipfldr.dll
    del %windir%\system32\zipfldr.dll

Advertisement