Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(REQ) Internet Radio

• 10-01-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Anyone see any deals in the sales for a good internet radio

(ie connect via WiFi to play Internet Radio stations remote from PC/router ?)

Help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

PC World and Currys in NI sometimes have their Logik IR100 on special offer from time to time. Usually £49.99. At one stage they were selling them for £39.99, which is when I bought one. They're currently priced at £80 though.

I think Aldi do wifi radios from time to time also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Have a look at svp.co.uk 's Pinnacle internet radios. I got one before Christmas and works grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

wait4me wrote: »
    Have a look at svp.co.uk 's Pinnacle internet radios. I got one before Christmas and works grand.

Thanks wait

Works out at about Eur210 delivered

Will be hard to justify to she who must be obeyed, for a small radio !!

Will keep looking for something a wee bit more reasonable !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

It does a bit more than just be a normal radio in fairness..

That said, I reckon the version you looked at is the pricey one that has built-in speakers.

Here's a much cheaper model - you get less (no option for wired network, no shuffle, poor LCD), but that's a great price.

I have the M1001 model and its a very good piece of kit. Might pick up one of those cheaper ones for the bedroom, though I don't have much confidence in wireless giving a smooth signal from extension to the bedroom through concrete walls.

It does a bit more than just be a normal radio in fairness..

to the wife - its a small radio !

Where do I find the M1001 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks Wait

I was actually lookng for something with speakers which I could move from room to room

I see that the new Argos catalogue has the Bush internet radio reduced from E140.49 to E99.99

UK link
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5005653/Trail/searchtext>INTERNET+RADIO.htm

and the Ministry of Sound Media Streaming Internet Radio reduced from E200.49 to E179.99

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0490531/Trail/searchtext>INTERNET+RADIO.htm

which has 16 watts of power compared to 3 watts on the Bush. Theres also a 3.5W Intempo in the catalogue for E149.99.

My view is for the additional output, the Ministry of Sound is probably worth paying the extra for.

Anyone used any of these ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

byte wrote: »
    PC World and Currys in NI sometimes have their Logik IR100 on special offer from time to time. Usually £49.99. At one stage they were selling them for £39.99, which is when I bought one. They're currently priced at £80 though.

I think Aldi do wifi radios from time to time also

go to www.currys.co.uk and put in internet radio in the search.

2 models Logik IR100 44.99 sterling and Logik IRMA1 34.97 sterling.

As Byte said the Logik IT100 was 80 sterling and 130 euro in the local Currys.

Exchange rate is good at the moment as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭zoe

dingding wrote: »
    go to www.currys.co.uk and put in internet radio in the search.

2 models Logik IR100 44.99 sterling and Logik IRMA1 34.97 sterling.

Would either of those two models work with a wired broadband modem, (not wireless)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement