Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's wrong with my car??? Help!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd say get a HID kit but its not really worth the effort for you, on that note my HID's arrived today :)

Its a Mk1 Punto. Its worth it. The default headlights are like candles, theres a reason Fiats now have extremely high power headlights... I believe some of them are HID's factory fitted in fact.

Anyone who's driven a New Panda with the headlights on 0 will know about being flashed because people think you have your beams on (until you burn their retinas away by returning the flash) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

None of us are fans of buses TBH (Stay out of the bus lane BTW Tut Tut :) ) You shouldn't really need to see ahead of the bus (Unless you want to overtake them: although i wouldn't advise that with your car at present) concentrate on whats in front any around you

I don't be in bus lanes!!! Honest to god, I do behave myself!!!

As for the headlights- seriously, the car needs brighter ones, a candle would be an improvement!!! I got the Halfords Super Brilliance ones, they got very good reviews on a few different independent websites.

The car is going to a mechanic as soon as possible. I got home safe, took the N4 (thanks MYOB), was OK, very different to my usual route, I usually go through about 10 roundabouts, down a couple of hills and a couple of windy back roads. But it was nice to just drive in a straight line and not be steering one way or another the whole time!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

slightly off topic but whats a HID light and where/how do you fit it cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

High Intensity Discharge - "Xenon headlights" in more common terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

tks

• Advertisement

oh yeah, the new bulbs I got are 55/60W, not 100W.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Is there much of a difference???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

its a punto right?

the new bulbs havent been fitted yet, yeah its a punto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭blackbox

He Lucky,

Be sure to let us know how you got on with all your probs - hope they weren't too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vbboardie

did you get the car sorted, fixed the cutting out

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

LuckyStar wrote: »

I got some extra strong headlights today which are meant to be good so at least I'll be able to see better, it's so dark when I leave Tallaght.

Extra strong headlights, that's great, at least you'll have a good view of all the drivers on the opposite side of the road covering their eyes and driving into ditches

I got the car fixed, it was in and out of the mechanic's the same day. Something to do with the fanbelt. It wasn't that dear to fix and the car's been grand ever since.

As for the lights- no one has flashed me or otherwise indicated they were too bright since I got them. The car's original lights weren't that strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

LuckyStar wrote: »
    I am raging, this is literally the first day this has happened but I am fuming, I don't have the car very long and I'm scared it will cost me a fortune to get fixed!!! What could be wrong??? There not too long ago the car used to make a noise when I accelerated which turned out to just be a couple of loose nuts on the wheel. I am hoping to god this is the same, just something small that is loose, but I am raging! I am also terrified the car will break down on me tonight on the way home, I wouldn't know what to do!!!

I think the best solution would be for you to get a bicycle or take the bus. Its frightening that people with such lack of any basic knowledge of the motor car are allowed on our roads.

Lucky Star your just an accident waiting to happen. :mad:

Thanks buddy but I never said I was a mechanic. Find a little quote there from me if you can find me saying otherwise. I believe the reason mechanics are around is to fix people's cars.

You have made approx 50 threads in another forum asking very basic questions about your Dobermanns. To paraphrase yourself, Its frightening that people with such a lack of any basic knowledge are allowed to own dogs! But I am slated for making ONE thread about my car acting up?

Kettles and pots buddy... ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I can see where this thread is going so I'm making a pre-emptive strike!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement