Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Remap

Options
  • 10-01-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i can get an engine remap around the Limerick area?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

more detail.....

what car?
    what kinda remap?

whats your existing mods?
    what kinda gains are you expecting to see?

can you get custom remaps?

can you get custom remaps?

of course, a custom remap should be your only choice.
    a remap needs to corresponds to what your car is doing on the road.

it remaps the air / fuel ratio to suit your individual cars performance.

I changed turbo before but the ecu wasnt boosting it correctly - could a custom remap adjust the boost?

Where could I get this done?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Thats exactly the kind of situation where you should get a remap blind justice,what make and model of car is it? i might know just the guy.

• Advertisement

I changed turbo before but the ecu wasnt boosting it correctly - could a custom remap adjust the boost?

Where could I get this done?

"what sweets does spar sell???"

guys you really need to post what kind of car you have when asking specific performance questions.
    what car
    what model
    what year
    what mods
    what ecu etc etc

Do spar sell dizzy caps for blue cars? oh and its a blue 5 door if that helps? :D

I had it remapped years ago and it rocked but I think it was a standard remap for the make and model.
    Its a 1998 DTI vectra the 2litre one, I changed the turbo to a variable geometry one which boosts nicer across the rev range. Although the ECU was having trouble with this an was not expecting boost earlier and would sometimes give a warning light which would last a few seconds. I took off the turbo as at the time I couldnt find anywhere that would adjust the ECU for the turbo.

try joe at chiipedire.com i think he is on holidays at the moment though.

I had it remapped years ago and it rocked but I think it was a standard remap for the make and model.
    Its a 1998 DTI vectra the 2litre one, I changed the turbo to a variable geometry one which boosts nicer across the rev range. Although the ECU was having trouble with this an was not expecting boost earlier and would sometimes give a warning light which would last a few seconds. I took off the turbo as at the time I couldnt find anywhere that would adjust the ECU for the turbo.

finally something to work with LOL

basically your standard ecu is set to allow a given amout of air and fuel to mix which releases a certain amount of power at any given rpm.

so you standard ecu and turbo is set to puch out 50% power at 2000rpm, 60% at 2500rpm aprox etc etc etc, but then you go and put a different turbo on so the ecu is still sending the same amount of air and fuel and ignition advancement for the standard turbo not knowing that the aftermarket turbo is probably emitting 40% of its power so hence the ecu thinks somethings wrong so it retards itself to prevent damage.

you need to get back onto the guy that remapped it before and see if he can remap it to suit the new turbo controlling boost, igniting timing and detoning etc etc.

hope this helps.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    finally something to work with LOL

basically your standard ecu is set to allow a given amout of air and fuel to mix which releases a certain amount of power at any given rpm.

so you standard ecu and turbo is set to puch out 50% power at 2000rpm, 60% at 2500rpm aprox etc etc etc, but then you go and put a different turbo on so the ecu is still sending the same amount of air and fuel and ignition advancement for the standard turbo not knowing that the aftermarket turbo is probably emitting 40% of its power so hence the ecu thinks somethings wrong so it retards itself to prevent damage.

you need to get back onto the guy that remapped it before and see if he can remap it to suit the new turbo controlling boost, igniting timing and detoning etc etc.

hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, I already did that and he cant do it. From what I gathered he just plugs the car into a laptop and uploads a standard program for a cars make and model and lets on its specific for each individual car.
    I tried a few places but they didnt have the gear for reading the exhaust gases for a diesel - thats what they said - and so couldnt tune it.

tossy wrote: »
    try joe at chiipedire.com i think he is on holidays at the moment though.

hey thanks but cant get onto that link?

Thanks for the reply, I already did that and he cant do it. From what I gathered he just plugs the car into a laptop and uploads a standard program for a cars make and model and lets on its specific for each individual car.
    I tried a few places but they didnt have the gear for reading the exhaust gases for a diesel - thats what they said - and so couldnt tune it.

im guessing you are better off trying to source a standard turbo, then youll be back driving perfect and also benefit from your existing remap.

yeah I took off the turbo and put the standard one on. I had it remapped years ago.

I WANT MORE :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭budweiserfrogie

hey thanks but cant get onto that link?

I've dealt with Joe in the past and i'd say it wouldn't be any problem to him. Very sound guy. Knows his stuff.
    Where your first mapping guy just puts a standard map into a car and doesn't have the knowledge to customise anything, this is where joe is different.
    He finishes the job properly by fine tuning that initial standard map to suit whatever modifications your car has.
    I'm not too impressed by these so called remappers who just upload a standard map and take no consideration to the fact that all cars are slightly different, even when unmodified.
    http://www.chippedire.com/
    0879113843 Joe

Advertisement