Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bundoran Nightlife?

Options
  • 10-01-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭

Myself and a group of friends are thinking of heading to Bundoran in June/July for the weekend for a spot of surfing, golfing and boozing. Obviously surfing and golfing isn't everyones cup of tea so I'm just wondering what kind of publife/nightlife we might expect. Are there many pubs and clubs and are they busy? Would you recommend it for a weekend away?

Cheers,
    BigL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Well,
    It's a good spot for surfing. The golf course isn't up to much but it isn't bad. Two better choices within 20 miles would be Rosses Point or Murvagh. There are plenty of pubs and a couple of night clubs. It's full of Northerners during the summer at teh weekends especially when there's GAA on over the w/end. Has a reputation of being a bit rough but if you're up for plenty of beer, I'm sure it'll be fine!!
    Having said that, I must have driven through there at least 500 times and was never tempted to stop....
    It has a bypass now so I'll never see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Decadent

Can't agree with Bundoran being rough.. Been out there loads and no trouble at all - the only place I have seen any real agro is on the Fusion nightclub which is populated by 18-21s.

All the pubs of good - the Bridge Bar is very popular with surfers. If out in Bundoran we tend to go to Jumpin Jack's older age group - great craic and I can't remember ever seeing any trouble in there.

IMO

Advertisement