Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Dinner Tonight????

• 10-01-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right looking for somenthing simple to cook for dinner over the next few nights, Love chicken and beef etc, will be cooking for two people. so can anyone suggest any nice dishes that are easy to stirr up and must be healthy of coarse!!!!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 meremortal

The good ol' stir fry is always a safe bet - can use either chicken or beef in that. My friend made me a lovely meal last week which I was a bit hesitant til I tried it. She got two chicken breasts, sliced down the side, filled with a tablespoon of low fat Philadelphia, bit of salt and pepper. She wrapped it in a piece of parma ham and wrapped it in tin foil. She cooked it for about 20 mins, served with some quick steamed veg - very tasty!

Also, for a side dish in general Birdseye do handy frozen individual sachets of rice with sweetcorn and peas which take only two mins to microwave - really handy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Try here for suggestions from other posters. BBC have a good recipe finder, as do UKTV Food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

A hearty Irish Stew (use good meat) would be appropriate for this time of year - not difficult to make at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Aard wrote: »
    A hearty Irish Stew (use good meat) would be appropriate for this time of year - not difficult to make at all.

Why use good meat in a stew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Why use good meat in a stew?
    Yeah, the whole point of making a stew (and similar dishes) is that you can use the cheaper cuts because the longer cooking time makes it tender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

He said use "good" meat, not "expensive" meat :) Even if you're using relatively cheaper cuts, there's no reason to skimp on quality. An Irish stew made with a load of fat and gristle, however cheap, isn't going to do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Alun wrote: »
    He said use "good" meat, not "expensive" meat :) Even if you're using relatively cheaper cuts, there's no reason to skimp on quality.
    I had an inkling that that's what he meant but I just took it as a given that you would use good quality meat in anything that you would make.

Advertisement