Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 recognises network but wont update/go online??

Options
  • 10-01-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a wirless network running at home. I have a main desktop from which the router is conntected and I have a laptop connected wirelessly.

However, I wanted to have my PS3 on the network. I went through the settings, it detected the network and all seemed to be fine. I even get the message saying that there is an update available. But as soon as I go to update it nothing happens and there is an error message. At the same time I notice that the net stops working on my desktop pc and my laptop.

So when this happens I have to shutdown everything and unplug the router and modem for 30 secs and all is ok again with the pc and laptop. But if I try to update the ps3 or even surf the net on it wont work!!

Which is strange as it detected the wireless network and even knew that I needed to update to the latest firmware.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

what router?
    Do you have uPNP enabled?
    What info the network status on the PS3 give?

really need some more data.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

RikD wrote: »
    what router?
    Do you have uPNP enabled?
    What info the network status on the PS3 give?

really need some more data.

Hi sorry!

I have a Wirless G Linksys router. I am not sure if I have uPNP enabled or what the status is. I will check when I get home from work.

Isn't it strange though that it detected my wireless network and even told me that there was an update available which means that it is working to a certain extent! :confused:

Advertisement