Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is my car worth?

Options
  • 10-01-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Right lads I am trying to sell my wife’s car but I have no idea how much it’s worth, it’s a 04 Opel Astra, Automatic, 1.4 & 50k on the clock and in perfect nick. Could somebody put a realistic price on it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

After looking at similar cars on carzone.ie I'd say roughly €13-14k

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Kingser

is it new shape or old shape... not much calls for automatic's theses days if its new i'd say €12500 would be max.. u could buy an 05 auto for €14000 wit 50,000 on clock

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's not worth anything near €13k

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

It's worth about €11k, selling privately you might get €9 to 10k, trading it in you'll get about €8.5 to 9

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dampsquid wrote: »
    It's worth about €11k, selling privately you might get €9 to 10k, trading it in you'll get about €8.5 to 9

How is it "worth" €11k to the OP? I don't get it.

Are you implying that the OP can't get the true value of the car by selling privately OR trading it in? what other way has he of getting money for his car other than these two options?

If by "worth" you mean, what garages are asking for similar cars, fair enough. not a lot of good to the OP though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement