Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault megane hatch

Options
  • 10-01-2008 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi Guy’s
    I have a Renault megane hatch 2003 with 37’000 miles on it; it’s got allied wheels e/w front and back, air/con and abs.

I was looking to trade it in so I went to the main Renault dealer where I bought it and they were looking for 11’000 euro with the car to jump into a 2006 megane saloon,
    I thought this was a bit steep and was only thinking of going for a megane again as I thought they would give me the best deal.

I then rang a Mazda dealer and they were looking for the same to jump into a 2006 Mazda 3.

With the 2006 Renault megane valued around 17’000 euro that values my 03 megane at 6’000 euro. Can this be right? And if so would I be better selling it privately as I think I will just drive it into the ground sooner than pay 11’000 euro to jump 3 years.

Thanks for your input,
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Going by carzone €6k is the bottom end of the scale for an 03 megane ( obviously they are askign prices but still). A trade in price is more than likely always going to be at the lower end of the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Are you happy with the car? If so, just keep it. My gf is in the same position with her 01 Megane coupé auto, she paid €11k for it two years ago and it's worth next to nothing now. Value only matters if you're selling.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Markjf

Anan1 wrote: »
    Are you happy with the car? If so, just keep it. My gf is in the same position with her 01 Megane coupé auto, she paid €11k for it two years ago and it's worth next to nothing now. Value only matters if you're selling.:)

It’s the wife’s car and we would love to get shot of it and of Renault altogether as our experience with them hasn’t been good as you may have seen in some of my earlier posts.
    But saying that she only does 10’000 miles a year and it’s been NCT till 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think it's worth from €5750 to €6,750 depending on where you trade it in, presuming it's a Dynamique model that hasn't got dents on the rear wheelarches and dodgy power steering.

Advertisement