Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need friends

Options
  • 10-01-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi!
    I'm 19 year old girl from Finland and I just moved near Dublin. I haven't got any friends here and it's really boring to be alone. It would be nice to get some friends about my age to hang out with. :D My e-mail is eiyhtaankivaa@windowslive.com So, if you are even a bit intrested to get a new friend, just send me mail. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Probably best not to but your email address up in a public forum like this.

You could get all sorts of people contacting you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Sean_K wrote: »
    Probably best not to but your email address up in a public forum like this.

You could get all sorts of people contacting you...

But think of all the new friends he'll have :D:D:D

(Joking).......but seriously

Why not try joining some local clubs or something your interested in, probably the best way to meet some new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moi!
    Have a look in the Nordic forum. More Scandis there.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=265
    Kiitos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Hi!
    I'm 19 year old girl from Finland and I just moved near Dublin. I haven't got any friends here and it's really boring to be alone. It would be nice to get some friends about my age to hang out with. :D My e-mail is eiyhtaankivaa@windowslive.com So, if you are even a bit intrested to get a new friend, just send me mail. :D

I doubt anyone could even pronounce your name although I have to admit I'm impressed at your command of the english language having just moved here, you even managed to have the slang "to hang out with" in the right context and you don't often see that on message boards from posters that are living here for a few years. Actually to be honest you don't even get that to often from posters that were born in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Redscrapbook

Kazobel wrote: »
    ....I'm impressed at your command of the english language having just moved here, you even managed to have the slang "to hang out with" in the right context...

I agree too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

In my (online) experience, Finns generally speak good English. Also, how is this LGBT-related exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Zorba wrote: »
    But think of all the new friends he'll have :D:D:D
    *Ahem* Eiyhtaankivaa is a SHE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Paddy C wrote: »
    *Ahem* Eiyhtaankivaa is a SHE.

Opps sorry about that to all concern :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

My but aren't some of us a bit racist assuming that someone from outside this country would not have a good command of the English language, including a common expression, widely used in the English speaking world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

My partner is Swedish and speaks better English that I do! Scandinavians have a very good command of the English language.

• Advertisement

My partner is Swedish and speaks better English that I do! Scandinavians have a very good command of the English language.

Ahem! THEN I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ahem! THEN I do!

"than"...

OP good luck, hope you find nice peoples =)

bluewolf wrote: »
    "than"...

OP good luck, hope you find nice peoples =)

Than/Then. Both are acceptable. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Than/Then. Both are acceptable. :D

No, then is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dreh

Well I'm Brazilian and I have a good English as well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

Hi folks,

I haven't posted here for a year or so but I am glad to see that nothing has changed! Everyone goes off topic and everyone corrects everyone else's English Looks like I haven't missed anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yep outhouse and or belong to are your best bet

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement