Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room recorders?

Options
  • 10-01-2008 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I need help buying a gadget. What I want is like a tape recorder to record
    interviews. I'm recording discussions that my friends and I have about
    different topics - sport, politics, whatever and using them in a multi media presentation as part of an exihibiton.

What I would like to buy is something that you could put on a table in the middle of a room and record people sitting around it with good quality.

Thanks

Barney

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about....we used to have them years ago...what were they called again?....ummmmmmm.....ah yes, TAPE RECORDERS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I'm looking for something digital. Maybe using an SD card for easy editing
    and transfer to my pc. I wouldn't know where to begin in getting tape
    recocrdings onto the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I'm looking for something digital. Maybe using an SD card for easy editing
    and transfer to my pc. I wouldn't know where to begin in getting tape
    recocrdings onto the computer.
    Meh...every tu'pence ha'penny pocket MP3 player FM Radio combo has an in-built mic and can record to MP3. Check out some of the I-River products.

If you want to go up-market digital then there's DAT and MD, but they would be even trickier than tape to transfer to your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What about a high end mobile phone?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
Advertisement