Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating Oil

Options
  • 10-01-2008 8:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Who's available, who's best, and who has the best price?

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I always use Osbourne oil. TBH I haven't compared prices but they are very reliable when I run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

Same as JaneHudson, I also use Osbourne Oil, again I find them very reliable. As regards price, I too haven't compared but I don't imagine there would be that much of a difference between suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Kellehers are good.open 6 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TheGrinch50

Well, I would use anybody except Naas Oil. I got 500 litres from them and it ran dry after only five weeks. This amount normally lasts me for 3 months and I didn't change any of the settings on my clock. It wasn't stolen and I haven't got a leak. I phoned on Friday 14 Mar and asked if they could deliver the same day and the telephonist said she would contact the delivery man at which stage I was disconnected. I phoned again and explained my situation to the next person and she almost ate me and stated an emphatic "No". She said they were instructed not to contact the drivers. I explained that the last person I was speaking to had said she would contact the driver so she said "I will put you through to her but she will just tell you the same as I have told you"...which she did. However, she promised that it would be delivered on Saturday. Fine! We could freeze until Saturday...no great hardship considering that I suffer from emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Well, Saturday came and I waited and waited and still no sign of the oil. At 4 pm my husband phoned Naas Oil and asked what time could we expect the oil to arrive. "Oh, said the telephonist, we made a mistake and put you down for Sunday and we don't deliver on Sundays, so you will have to wait until Tuesday." However, she was more than helpful and told my husband that the garage beside us sells kerosene and we could buy some there!! Now, I wonder if she thought we (two senior citizens) were going to trot backwards and forward to the garage with a couple of cans and the oild burning faster than we could fill the tank. Needless to say, my husband cancelled the order and contacted Emo Oil. Right, so their oil was a little more expensive, but the telephonist was very sympathetic and courteous after she heard of our experience with Naas Oil, and although they couldn't deliver until Tuesday, they did however give us a reduction on the cost of the oil. Naas Oil...never again. Too costly, unreliable and not good value for money. The weekend cost me a fortune to run electric fires and now I am smothering with a cold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Naas is in Cork now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

dahamsta wrote: »
    Naas is in Cork now?

It's relocating for the Easter weekend :)

Advertisement