Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Advertising.

Options
  • 10-01-2008 9:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was doing my shopping earlier and was picking up the usual few bits when I noticed a label on my rashers saying "HALF PRICE, WAS €9.99, Now €4.99", it was a big red Label. Now whats annoying me is this is the usual pack of rashers I buy every week. Standard 500g of rashers and the normal price is €4.99 and I have weeks worth of receipts from the same store with the price on it.

Now here is the better spin on it. Right beside was a packet of the same rashers bar they were 740G for 6.99 and even better was that the store were selling them off as 2 for the price of 1 so that was 1.48kg for 6.99 compared to their amazing deal of a half price 500g pack of the same rashers for 4.99. Now common sense would say go ahead and buy the 1.48kg but the dates were for tomorrow and the day after and the rashers were still partly frozen.

I brought it to the attention of a staff member who told me that it was the company that came up with both "deals" and that if I wanted my fresh rashers that are marked as half price I have to pay the full 4.99 and she walked away saing she would bring it to the attention of the store manager. Nothing else was said and to be honest this is really annoying me, I have already gone the route of trying to talk to the manager with no joy but what else can be done as I susspect that this is blatant false advertising.

Advertisement