Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

% of people who regret tattoo's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

I love my tattoos. They mean different things, be it an event or just something I like. All were designed by me, and I really couldn't imagine regretting them. Besides, I'm not the regret type of person! I am planning a massive back and chestpiece that will blend together but it's going to cost somewhere in the region of ten grand so that'll have to wait until I get a real job. :P

P.S. I'm a lady with multiple tattoos and more planned. Oh and an interesting point - apparently Kat von D thinks that girls with tattoos f**k better?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

kat von d wrecks my head.

she's an amazing artist but so bloody arrogant!

haha, angry detour from topic there!

but as a said before, the main thing is to THINK THEM THROUGH before you get them. both the piece itself and it's placing. you don't want to get some tiny piece in the centre of your back only to want a big piece in a few years and have to try and work around it :S

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

id have to agree with kat von d.
    tattooed chicks do **** better!
    go get em girls!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

...dont be afraid to use your nails!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Maybe she's having a laugh at everyone and really meant f*ck as in f*ck-all?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

SplashBack wrote: »
    I love my tattoos. They mean different things, be it an event or just something I like. All were designed by me, and I really couldn't imagine regretting them. Besides, I'm not the regret type of person! I am planning a massive back and chestpiece that will blend together but it's going to cost somewhere in the region of ten grand so that'll have to wait until I get a real job. :P

P.S. I'm a lady with multiple tattoos and more planned. Oh and an interesting point - apparently Kat von D thinks that girls with tattoos f**k better?! ;)

Love it - thats my new response to that stupid " why " question about tattoo's
    In the middle of designing no.8 - trying to get some kind of vine from lower back to shouder idea going .......
    Had a quick look on bmeink.com but only found one similar to waht I am trying to create.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Prove it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Meh I'd disagree and say they're about the same as normal girls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Meh I'd disagree and say they're about the same as normal girls

Ah hang on Emmet! Are you saying girls with tattoos are abnormal? :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

there's something more exposed about chicks with tattoos,I love nothing more than gettin a 'lady friend'(big lebowski haha) to strip off a bit only to reveal some unexpected body art.nice! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Perhaps the ladies with tattoos tend to feel more comfortable in their own skin and so are more relaxed when naked in front of another, they're more relaxed so they're more willing to cut loose and just do what feels good instead of worrying what the partner thinks of their body and how bits look when she does this or that?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

farohar wrote: »
    and just do what feels good

:D thanks for that barry white

how did we get from talking about the percentage of people who regret tattoos to talking about the no-pants-dance? o.0

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

I got my tatoo 13 years ago after a moment of madness and a few pints but have never regretted it. It is on my shoulder blade so maybe the fact that I can't actually see it myself might help. Also thats a place where the skin will never really stretch so in 40 years time it should be in the same place :) Also its in black and white so no colour that will really fade. It has become a little lighter but I think not as much as if it ws in colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

deemy wrote: »
    I got my tatoo 13 years ago after a moment of madness and a few pints but have never regretted it.

Bloody hell :eek: I would have thought that it would have been impossible to get a tattoo while under the influence, can't help thinking off that scene in 'Kingpin' when the two lads wake up after a heavy session having both gotten tattoos.

Anyway Deemy what went thru your head when you realised you'd gotten tattooed, did you need the pints for dutch courage or did you just go f... this I'm gonna get one done.

Incidentially, did anyone else need the dutch courage or walk by a tatto shop and just decide there and then to get one.

i just walked in, nowhere will tattoo you if youre pissed.
    i was scared though, but once i got into it i was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Bloody hell :eek: I would have thought that it would have been impossible to get a tattoo while under the influence, can't help thinking off that scene in 'Kingpin' when the two lads wake up after a heavy session having both gotten tattoos.

Anyway Deemy what went thru your head when you realised you'd gotten tattooed, did you need the pints for dutch courage or did you just go f... this I'm gonna get one done.

Incidentially, did anyone else need the dutch courage or walk by a tatto shop and just decide there and then to get one.

i said a few pints not a skin full. I was totally aware of wat I doing. was in limerick for weekend visiting friends in college and thought ya Ill do that. I had thought of getting one for years but on that day hadn't gone out to get one but was passing and said why not now.The guy in limerick where I got it done was excellent. And no didn't need pints for dutch courage. cork women are made of stronger stuff than that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

i know i was 17 getting my first one but i only got a heart somewhere you wouldnt see,in case i didnt like them or wished i hadnt got it.i only have 1 that i dont really like but it is small enough to get covered so i might get it done within the next year.so out of 12 tattoos ,not liking 1 is not bad going,because you really should put a lot of thought into it,it is with you for life.what you like at 18 and what you like at 40 are different things so think ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 crippled

Reg'stoy
    ive got to say that id like to thank you so so so much for making this thread
    Im 13 years old right now and ive been going through a huge influence
    first a person at my school got a tattoo and it just spread
    then my friends startred thinking of getting one
    and all my life ive thaught people who get tattoos are losers
    so my friends started encourageing me to get one and i was horribly getting depressed
    sometimes i think tattoos are quite cool but reading this thread has changed my mind
    tattoos definetely are for losers im sorry if you take this offensively
    for the people that dont regret em im happy for you
    but the people that do ive just got to say your losers
    especially people that got them in my teen years
    my girlfriend is planning on getting one in a few years and i try to mention to her that im uncomftorble with it but i guess shes caught up into that stuff and wont ever understand until she relly gets it and completely regrets it
    i plan on having a clean sexy body instead of an inked out one
    you can see my muscles more
    plus i feel itll help me throughout the future for my carreers and things
    and ill be laughing at all my friends that got them and regret them
    thankyou so much man youve just made a big difference in someones life and you should be proud
    ive learned from other peoples mistakes instead of making one myself
    love you man

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I think before you decide whether tattoos are for losers you need to work on "punctuation"
    See the button that says "shift" on it.That will give you capital letters which go at the start of your sentences.Then there is one with a little dot on the right hand of the keyboard it and guess what?That goes at the end of the sentence.

I think learning this advice up above would help your "carreer" more than if you didnt have tattoos or muscles.

crippled wrote: »
    Reg'stoy
    so my friends started encourageing me to get one and i was horribly getting depressed
    sometimes i think tattoos are quite cool but reading this thread has changed my mind
    my girlfriend is planning on getting one in a few years and i try to mention to her that im uncomftorble with it but i guess shes caught up into that stuff and wont ever understand until she relly gets it and completely regrets it
    thankyou so much man youve just made a big difference in someones life and you should be proud
    love you man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Reg'stoy
    love you man

I think that because you say you are only 13 years of age that the way this thread has made you think twice about getting a tattoo is a good thing. I know someone who covered themselves in tattoo's when they were fourteen. He's now in his late 40's and deeply regrets every single one.

The decision should be made when you are older, and maybe by then you will see tattoo's aren't strictly for losers and when chosen and done properly they can be beuatiful and meaningful.

I am not a loser btw, but I'll let you away with it because you are so young. :P

I think its a pisstake i dont think "Reg" is 13. What 13 yr old talks about having a sexy body.I just think its someone messing,so what if you dont want tattoos you cant judge people when

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

marti101 wrote: »
    I think its a pisstake i dont think "Reg" is 13. What 13 yr old talks about having a sexy body.I just think its someone messing,so what if you dont want tattoos you cant judge people when

There are plenty of kids who would talk like that. Some of the things I have heard 10 year olds talk about, this would not surprise me.

His post is a bit sussy, I'd say he could be a a bit older, but I just went by what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

blah blah blabble

Way to miss the point of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Reg'stoy
    love you man

To many things to say... brain... is.....gonna........EXPLODE

Tattoo's are for losers, this is based on what?

See muscles more???????

What is a 13 year old doing on a bod mod forum at 01:30 on a school night....... Quite strange.

This has gotta be a prank!

I lold when hes talking bout having a sexy muscley body what 13 year old talks like that.If he said that is school the slaggings he would get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

*FACEPALM*

Sexy body? At 13? Eugh. Hit puberty first.

I do hope thats a pisstake coz that post makes me angry :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭enimakat

iv been thinking about getting a tattoo for a couple of years now but only really started researching it over the last couple of months. i came across this forum and read through all the different threads like best shop best artist show me yours etc but was afraid to read this thread when i saw the title in case i read something that would make me second guess myself so i put off reading it for like a week. I finally read it today and it has only made me wanna get one even more, iv put a lot of thought into my design, i like it, it means something to me, and im going in in a fortnight to get it done!
    I have put alot of thought into this and to steal a line from a previous post Im not the regretting type so i have no worries!

Dont mind the kid cause he is just that - a kid - he'l grow up and mature learn to respect people and see things differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Great to hear that enimakat! :)

Don't forget to pop back here and let us know how you get on, or if you want any suggestions on where to go, aftercare tips, and to stick a pic of your new ink in the "Show you mine..." thread! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I'm currently in the process of removing my tattoo's.

I have three tattoo's and I was happy with them, actually very happy with them, until I got the last one. Since its all sort of "integrated", and the fact that I am just not comfortable with the last one, I am now getting rid of the whole thing. It's unfortunate I got the last one, should have just left the first two but oh well, whats done is done.

I will never get tattoo'd again, it is not because I don't like them (because I do like tattoo's), but because I never want to go through the pain of getting rid of a tattoo again. When the last one was painted on I felt it looked good. Even the first months after getting it I felt fine with it, but as time went by for some reason, which I still am not sure about, I just liked it less and less. Mainly I think it's because of the size, it covers half my back. My girlfriend was very supportive and she always said that the decision was mine to take, and mine alone.
    Trust me when I say this though, getting tattoo'd is a piece of cake compared to getting rid of in regards to how much it hurts.

Anyways, I would never tell people not to get tattoo'd, I have seen some really beautiful work, and maybe with some more work on mine I still could have turned it into something I was happy with, but I do know this, for me personally, removing it was (and still is) the right choice.

Advertisement