Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

% of people who regret tattoo's

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I'm regretting getting one of mine done now. I was just in with a guy for a consultation about a japanese half sleve but he says the ****ty celtic swirl right in the middle of my upper arm is not going to let me do what I want to do. I thought I could just get it covered up, but aparantly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I'm regretting getting one of mine done now. I was just in with a guy for a consultation about a japanese half sleve but he says the ****ty celtic swirl right in the middle of my upper arm is not going to let me do what I want to do. I thought I could just get it covered up, but aparantly not.

If you get it faded you should be able to cover it up. If you are not looking at a full removal but rather just to fade it in order to tattoo over it, I don't think it will be too costly. I am currently paying 250 euros for one "pass" over my tattoo (1 hour), and six passes are needed to get rid of it fully.

For just fading it, I think 3 passes is enough so it should land at below 800 euros, spread out over 4 - 5 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭enimakat

Great to hear that enimakat! :)

Don't forget to pop back here and let us know how you get on, or if you want any suggestions on where to go, aftercare tips, and to stick a pic of your new ink in the "Show you mine..." thread! :)

will def pop by and let you know! the threads and all your posts have helped loads already! cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

enimakat wrote: »
    will def pop by and let you know! the threads and all your posts have helped loads already! cheers!
    :) It's why we're all here, and why we keep coming back :)
    Could he work around it, or as muffen said, if you dislike it that much, there is always the possibility of fading it a bit then covering it up...

Could he work around it, or as muffen said, if you dislike it that much, there is always the possibility of fading it a bit then covering it up...
    He said that a celtic design in the middle of a peice of japanese art would not look too good.
    I can only afford to get the outline done now, have to save up for the colour, definitely cant afford removal. Its not that bad a tattoo and I dont dislike it, I'm just not that happy with it today after my months of designing were blown out of the water.
    One guy I showed it to said he could cover it up no bother, but the guy today who has a very good reputation said it wouldent work. I'm not sure how good the first guy is so I dont know who to trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What about your other arm, is it out of the question?

Yeah, have something there too, just a small green flag, I dident think it would cause too much problem but he wasent keen on doing it there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 businesswizard

I have two friends who regret it but at the same time five others who still love them after more than 5 years of getting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭vines

I have 3 tattoos, 2 of them small and one a full sleeve, and I definitely don't regret them at all. I've never much fitted in with conventional ways of being, and I feel that my tattoos emphasize who I am to both myself and others, and I wouldn't change them for the world!
    I'm also looking at getting a few more tattoos done, I'm gonna space em out over the next few years, but like i said, I feel like being tattooed helps to define who I am and I love them!
    Also, just a bit of a rant here, but does anyone else feel offended when people make outright rude comments about their tattoos? I find it quite offensive cos no-one would ever walk up to someone and tell them how hideous their clothes are or their hair style or whatever, so why do people think it's completely acceptable to comment in such a way on tattoos?????? Or piercings for that matter.....
    Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry, slightly off topic, but just had to have a bit of a rant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rifle

FHM did an interview last year with a tattoo artist from (I think) New York who had tattoos all over, including full sleeves on both arms.

He told the interviewer that he was going to have both arms fully cleared with laser surgery...not because he didn't like his tattoos or regretted them, but so he could start all over again on the designs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I regret getting mine for no reason, but I love each of them. I only got two for a specific meaningful reason, I wish I did that the other 4 too. I am holding off on getting my next one so that I get it for a reason.

I love them all though, I see old pics of my without them and I look naked! If they were gone in the morning I would geniunely feel as though I was missing apart of me.

I love seeing peoples reactions to them because no one believes I would be the type of girl to get them, let alone 6! None of mine are "girlie" and loads of people are shocked by that. It shows who really knows me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I regret getting mine for no reason, but I love each of them. I only got two for a specific meaningful reason, I wish I did that the other 4 too. I am holding off on getting my next one so that I get it for a reason.

I love them all though, I see old pics of my without them and I look naked! If they were gone in the morning I would geniunely feel as though I was missing apart of me.

I love seeing peoples reactions to them because no one believes I would be the type of girl to get them, let alone 6! None of mine are "girlie" and loads of people are shocked by that. It shows who really knows me:)
    I get the same reaction people dont believe ive 12 tattoos.They do be shocked and i get the when your 70 they will be horrible blah blah blah.I feel like they make me who i am and when i see old pics like you i think i look weird without them,i cant imagine not having them.They at this stage are part of me and if you dont like my tatts well tough:).I like them and thats all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭vines

marti101 wrote: »
    I get the same reaction people dont believe ive 12 tattoos.They do be shocked and i get the when your 70 they will be horrible blah blah blah.I feel like they make me who i am and when i see old pics like you i think i look weird without them,i cant imagine not having them.They at this stage are part of me and if you dont like my tatts well tough:).I like them and thats all that matters.
    I'm also in agreement here! People being shocked doesnt bother me as much as people telling me I'm gonna regret it, but I love my tattoos, so that's what counts.....oh and I'm with you on the photo thing too.....very weird :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 holyshow

I think this is a great thread. I think there is so many reasons, be they artistic, meaningful or even political that people get tattoos that everyone has the scope to regret them.

I'm in my mid 20's and got my first tattoo 5 years ago. I've had over 20 hours work done at this stage. All of them are art for arts sake.

None are visible. I'm under no illusion I might not like them in years to come, history is history. At the moment i like them, bar one. The fact that I'm not happy with one but it doesn't bother me at all reinforces the idea to me that some people are less worried about the impact of a "**** tattoo". My misses is my age and has never got one, she's been talking about getting one since we were 15. I feel some people are built to not really give a fup and just roll with it.

Advertisement