Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Cyma' AK47 AEG (CM028)

• 10-01-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Going get buy one of these
    'Cyma' AK47 AEG (CM028)

does anyone know of a real wood kit that might suit ? i am also having trouble finding a mid/low cap mag that would work,

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

johnboyire wrote: »
    'Cyma' AK47 AEG (CM028)

does anyone know of a real wood kit that might suit ? i am also having trouble finding a mid/low cap mag that would work,

thanks

Be careful with that.....last few I brought into the country had to be downgraded. That's why I stopped selling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

thanks, i have a legal spring ready to go just in case, i really like the cymas, i have the glock and m14 too.

thanks, i have a legal spring ready to go just in case, i really like the cymas, i have the glock and m14 too.

Yeah, I have to agree....them and DBoys are about the best of the clones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If it goes into customs though and is chronoed it will be destroyed, best have it pre checked or downgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

'Cyma' AK47 AEG (CM028)

thanks

As it happens I've just finished installing a real wood kit and precision barrel on my CYMA 0.28s, the kit I got was off RSOV, it's the one that comes with a pistol grip handguard and stock, although I didn't need the stock as my AK is stockless, fits like a glove. RSOV have mid caps that work too, but avoid the STAR mags, they're garbage, all of mine fell apart within weeks. I can confirm that my AK was waaay over the limit when it came in, I think it chronoed at 360 - 375 fps, I was lucky to get it into the country, all good now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,325 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Spetzcong wrote: »
    As it happens I've just finished installing a real wood kit and precision barrel on my CYMA 0.28s, the kit I got was off RSOV, it's the one that comes with a pistol grip handguard and stock, although I didn't need the stock as my AK is stockless, fits like a glove. RSOV have mid caps that work too, but avoid the STAR mags, they're garbage, all of mine fell apart within weeks. I can confirm that my AK was waaay over the limit when it came in, I think it chronoed at 360 - 375 fps, I was lucky to get it into the country, all good now though.

I'd just like to refer people to the charter as this has been popping up a bit in the last few days.

There will be no discussion on the importation or upgrade of airsoft to over 1 joule. Offenders will be either warned or banned. Dependant on the severity.

Discussion of downgrading is permitted. But be wise about what you say. If you happened to import something that clocked that much over, please, don't be plastering it all over here. You can warn people about it without admitting that you technically did break firearm laws.

Oops sorry, duly noted Oisin,

I was only mentioning it by way of a warning that the CYMA AKs can be a little hot, so if you're thinking of ordering one you should be careful, and make sure to get it tested/downgraded before it's sent here.

I was unaware of this when I ordered mine, and as soon as I found out I had a hot AEG I immediately took steps to rectify the situation, but it could just have easily ended up being destroyed and I would have wasted my money.

Master of the Universe

I was unaware of this when I ordered mine, and as soon as I found out I had a hot AEG I immediately took steps to rectify the situation, but it could just have easily ended up being destroyed and I would have wasted my money.

Oh I'm sure you downgraded it. Wasn't accusing you of anything :)

I just wouldn't want anyone thinking that if you import something hot with the intention of downgrading it that it's fine. As it's not. You're still importing a firearm unlicensed.

It also doesn't look the best to the casual reader (Or ones with a more sinister motive) to see that +1 joule stuff would be getting past customs.

Anyway, just had to jump in there for a sec.

Back to cyma AKs. Which actually, I've been meaning to buy myself for quite some time now. Possibly over a year... bah!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Back to cyma AKs. Which actually, I've been meaning to buy myself for quite some time now. Possibly over a year... bah!

Just be a bit careful with them...sometimes they're a bit...umm...never mind......

:)

Actually Oisin....has it ever crossed your mind how many AEGs you could own right now if you hadn't bought that monstrosity you own?

Sorry johnboyire....didnt mean to hijack your thread. As Spetz said, the wood kit on Rsov will do the job nicely. I sold one a couple of months back and the buyer was very happy with it.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Shiva wrote: »
    Actually Oisin....has it ever crossed your mind how many AEGs you could own right now if you hadn't bought that monstrosity you own?

You mean clones? Yuck. No thanks. Other than the CYMA AK I'm not interested.....I have more respect for myself. :p

Shiva wrote: »

Sorry johnboyire....didnt mean to hijack your thread. As Spetz said, the wood kit on Rsov will do the job nicely. I sold one a couple of months back and the buyer was very happy with it.

no problem Hijacking does hand in hand with aks ;)

heres the parts on rsov

the wood kit: A.C.M. AK47 real wood kit
    spare battery: 'Firefox' 8.4v 1500mah Ni-MH mini battery
    saw those mid cap star mags - they are plastic did see these 'Cyma' AK47 600 rds wind-up though
    and finally found a cyma rail : 'Cyma' AK side scope mount rail (C.39)

and after all that browsing i found another cyma AK ! all metal 'Cyma' full-metal AKM AEG (CM036)

but i did some research and it seems to be a bit of a beast power-wise 400fps? would need to be downgraded first

no problem Hijacking does hand in hand with aks ;)

heres the parts on rsov

the wood kit: A.C.M. AK47 real wood kit
    spare battery: 'Firefox' 8.4v 1500mah Ni-MH mini battery
    saw those mid cap star mags - they are plastic did see these 'Cyma' AK47 600 rds wind-up though
    and finally found a cyma rail : 'Cyma' AK side scope mount rail (C.39)

and after all that browsing i found another cyma AK ! all metal 'Cyma' full-metal AKM AEG (CM036)

but i did some research and it seems to be a bit of a beast power-wise 400fps? would need to be downgraded first

If you're planning on mounting a scope, be sure and get an AK 74 body, the AK 47s don't have the attachments for the mount afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

If you're planning on mounting a scope, be sure and get an AK 74 body, the AK 47s don't have the attachments for the mount afaik.

If he has his heart set on a 47 he could buy the optic mount seperate and attach it to the 47 receiver. This does require drilling though.

ok put an order in today from rsov

'Cyma' AK47 AEG (CM028)
    [URL="javascript:popupWindow('http://www.rsov.com/popup_image.php?pID=470')"]gun_0020.jpg[/URL]
    (Lot of 2) x 'Cyma' AK47 600 rds wind-up magazines
    'Firefox' 8.4v 1500mah Ni-MH mini battery

A.C.M. AK47 real wood kit
    [URL="javascript:popupWindow('http://www.rsov.com/popup_image.php?pID=1115')"]kit_0111.jpg[/URL]

hopefully it all arrives soon and i can actually fit them all together!

did not bother with the rail mount for now

also went for one of these pistols A.C.M. M92 AEP (M84B)
    it got some good reviews on the site and it looks pretty good too
    gun_0114.jpg

Yep, that's the right kit, fitting it is no problem, all you need to do is unscrew the flash hider from the tip of the barrel (you might need to force it slightly as it can be stuck with paint) then push aside the fake cleaning rod and unscrew the front sight, this should then slide off.

Then pull out the cleaning rod and unscrew the gas thingy further down the barrel, at this point the two parts of the handguard will just fall off. Pop the plastic attachments onto the wood pieces and repeat the steps above in reverse to install.

The pistol grip is probably the easiest piece, you just unscrew the plastic one at the bottom, you'll need to use the screws that come with the wood kit to fit it though as the wood grip is thicker than the original plastic one. You might need to give the pistol grip a bit of a bang to get it to fit on properly, nothing too forceful I just gave mine a thump with my fist. I'm not too sure about installing the stock as I don't have a stock on my AK.

From looking at it though I reckon it's just a case of removing the screws from the plastic stock lining up the wood one and using the screws that come with the wood kit. You'll need to use the screws that come with it because there's no holes in the wood stock for screws to go into, but the screws that come with it are the pointy variety which will bite into the wood when screwed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

Hi ..ive just bought an AK metal and abs by a company called ASG and was thinking of buying the same wood kit from rsov .
    Can anyone tell me is this the same as the CYMA AK just in an ASG box ?? ...

Regards and thanks

Commrade Kristov

thanks for the advice on the wood kit, everything arrived this morning, im stuck in work though, managed to take a quick look at breakfast time, everything has arrived in one piece, the pistol looks great too and is quite heavy, i think they may have given me a more expensive wood kit with a darker finish, looking forward to having a proper look tonight, ill get some photos together too,one more question, of course this rifle is 1J or under but is their any way of getting a rough idea of the power (aside from cronograph) before messing around with springs etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jay&silentbob

Jonhhyboy how much did you pay on taxes and stuff.Im concidering the AK-74 kalsh boyi

Jonhhyboy how much did you pay on taxes and stuff.Im concidering the AK-74 kalsh boyi

a total of 0, this time, but who knows about the next one,

• Advertisement

heres some before and after shots, the wood kit is slightly bigger than the original plastic but it fits perfectly and it gives it a more solid feel, also one thing to note is the original plastic butt plate is used on the wood kit stock and there is only one screw slot on the wood so you can catch the plastic on the "unscrewed" end and break it if your not careful, I have ordered a metal one from cobra airsoft that will be more solid along with a cheap rail that looks like it might fit,

I really like this ak especially the hop up its not the normal round type, its a horizontal on a gauge so its very handy when making adjustments,

firing wise, Glenn from the contractors worked some "spring magic" on the AK and it is now firing at 1.08J nice!

i paid around €140 inc shipping for the ak, two extra mags and the wood kit and about €30 for the butt plate and rail, overall a pretty good deal for the price and power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

does anyone know where to get a replacementfolding stock for th cyma, my one broke this weekend and besides the posibility of putting a druganov stock on it to replace ot im stumped.
    any ideas as to how to remove it in the first place?

Advertisement