Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching Personal Issues forum

Options
  • 10-01-2008 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Any reason why it doesn't seem to be possible to search PI?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This problem has raised itself before a few times. Subscribers and moderators seem to be able to search there fine for some odd reason. No-one has figured it out yet as far as I know. Have you ever been banned from there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

This problem has raised itself before a few times. Subscribers and moderators seem to be able to search there fine for some odd reason. No-one has figured it out yet as far as I know. Have you ever been banned from there before?

Hasn't everybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The reasons are obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Boston wrote: »
    The reasons are obvious.

well, to you they must be.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Hasn't everybody?

actually I am still waiting for my cherry to be popped on the banning thing.

Also I would agree with the not be able to search the PI thread. Threads are started there in relation to giving advise to the OP, if the search feature was enable old threads would be dug up and chances are that the OP would of stopped checking for updates so there is no need to bump it to give your advise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Any reason why it doesn't seem to be possible to search PI?

cant remember what your unregged name was eh?
    :)

If you do a search by user name on a user you will not find any posts that person has made on the PI forum or the LGBT forum. Fairly handy for most I'd say and well done to which ever admin or asok for setting it up in that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

If you do a search by user name on a user you will not find any posts that person has made on the PI forum or the LGBT forum. Fairly handy for most I'd say and well done to which ever admin or asok for setting it up in that way.

That makes a lot of sense. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

O/T but when did I miss this change? Or is that a typo?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I did a search for a username and her posts from PI came up. But maybe that's because I put it as keyword rather than searching for posts by her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Faith wrote: »
    I did a search for a username and her posts from PI came up. But maybe that's because I put it as keyword rather than searching for posts by her?

Yes.

Now If they would only make PI posts not count for post count I reckon I could shed about 5,000.

KtK wrote: »
    O/T but when did I miss this change? Or is that a typo?

Well it is the LGBT forum, whatever about the actually name. That said it was just tired ness that made me type LGBT instead of LGB.

Advertisement