Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Wispas gone again??

• 10-01-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen any wispas in a while...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

They were limited edition only.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's no "h". It's Wispa. And yeah, they're long gone at this stage. They might be back permanently though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Faith wrote: »
    There's no "h". It's Wispa. And yeah, they're long gone at this stage. They might be back permanently though.
    I've heard you can still get Chinese Whispas, but they're not as good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've heard you can still get Chinese Whispas, but they're not as good.

They're always a bit weird at the end. I wouldn't trust them, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i demand that someone presents me with a wispa. or a creme egg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I asked the newsagent assistant if she had any Wispas today. She laughed at me. :(

I thought Creme Eggs were on sale January through Easter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

creme eggs are back saw someone eating one yesterday, they are fecking awful and i could swear they are getting smaller and smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Smith and Jones ate them all - mofo's...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Cremo wrote: »
    creme eggs are back saw someone eating one yesterday, they are fecking awful and i could swear they are getting smaller and smaller.

Ah, but have you ever eaten a battered one? :)

TBH, it was the only battered confectionery I've ever had which disimproved on being battered and deep fried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

IRLConor wrote: »
    Ah, but have you ever eaten a battered one? :)

TBH, it was the only battered confectionery I've ever had which disimproved on being battered and deep fried.

I've heard of that being done to a mars bar but never a creme egg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

They were only out for 6 weeks.
    Aard wrote: »
    I thought Creme Eggs were on sale January through Easter...

In the shop where I work, the first delivery with them came in the last Friday before Xmas, and they were on the shelves Xmas eve...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Thrill wrote: »
    I've heard of that being done to a mars bar but never a creme egg.

The Seashells chipper on Townsend St (now sadly closed) would batter pretty much anything. A guy I know got a Creme Egg done and couldn't finish it so I had the rest out of curiosity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

Without a doubt. People used to tell me it was just that I was getting bigger, but I stopped growing years ago, and they are still shrinking. I like them though, they have that "Ewwww....Mmmmmmm" factor you just dont get with sweets that dont have gooey pure sugar gunk centres.

As for Chinese Whispas, chocolate purple monkey dishwasher!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

I dunno bout smaller but there is thicker chocolate on them this year which means less filling! :( the chocolate is probobally cheaper for them to make and instead of making them smaller they did this because the whole size thing was gettin a bit obvious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The Texaco in Claregalway is positively brimming with Wispas....I bought 6 there on Friday lol. And yes the woman did look at me funny, probably saying 'heifer' under her breath. :D 75 cent a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

creme eggs are gorgeous, i eat tons of them this time of year, but i was thinking yesterday as i was licking one out, was it smaller than before?

i'd love to have a battered one (with ice cream), but not done in the same batter and oil that fish and chips etc is cooked in, cos that is rank.

call it a tempura creme egg and it sounds posh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I think it's just that WE are getting bigger :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

OK, forget cream eggs, back to Wispa's. Why are they gone? Stupid Cadbury... they bring them back, gone in 2 days from most shops and they don't keep making them. I was hoping beyond hope that they'd bring out Wispa Easter Eggs, but alas, no.
    So can anyone confirm if there are currently any in any shop in the country? Or if they're coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

AFAIK there are no immediate plans to bring them back again. They were only manufactured for a short time last year so any that are still around would be running into best before issues anyway. Saying this I know cadbury could do with a sales boost at the moment so something may crop up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i want one now. when i went into the shop when they came back i bought 4, and the dude said that nearly everyone who came in bought a few in one go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

http://candyaddict.com/blog/2007/04/15/cadbury-our-eggs-arent-smaller-you-are-bigger/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I am obsessed with them, raging there on only a limited edition. Have found a site that u can get them though.

www.aquarterof.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

I'd imagine that Cadbury's will bring back the Wispa permanently soon enough, it's pretty obvious that it was just a clever marketing idea to re-release them as a limited edition to boost demand!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Damnit, I bought a load of them, to stockpile, when they were out and ate my last one 2 weeks ago.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i was in formed by a shopkeeper friend that they will be back for good in september or october.....pray to god he was being serious and that they're actually coming back

my friend brought me back a box from the cadbury's factory in stratford in England....Best.Present.Ever :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

kev_s88 wrote: »
    i was in formed by a shopkeeper friend that they will be back for good in september or october.....pray to god he was being serious and that they're actually coming back

my friend brought me back a box from the cadbury's factory in stratford in England....Best.Present.Ever :D:D:D:D

Strange...I would have thought their sales chart would show HUGE initial demand and then a massive drop off. A lot of people I know bought a ton to start but then got fed up of them because of that initial purchase :) Now we need a campaign to bring back the caramel and MINT types!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Dont ya know

Talkin about a revolution sounds

Like a wispa...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

When are the fecking things coming back!?!?!!!!!!!
    I had my last one a few months ago and im quite literally dying for a wispa.I may even go as far as to buy a few on ebay if things get worse:D

Advertisement