Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 3 quuestion

Options
  • 10-01-2008 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I have a mazda 3 saloon 08 and i am very happy with it. but ther is just one thing id like to no. i put 48 euro of petrol in it. at 1 22 per litre, last sunday and that filled the tank. i have driven 512 km so far and have just over a quater of a tank left. is this iconimonical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Hard to know, its a brand new car, and new cars are always harder on petrol, and you never told us what kind of driving you've done since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭keitht

I drive from rochfortbridge co westmeath. to lexlip co kildare on the n6

How many litres does the tank hold? I presume its mostly motorway type driving that's being done so then. If the car has a 60 litre tank, you're getting 320 miles roughly from 45 litres which I think is about 10 gallons, so you're averaging around 32 mpg which isn't great for a 1.6 family saloon in those conditions, but as I've said already its a new car so it should improve, but give it a few thousand miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

E92 wrote: »
    How many litres does the tank hold?

55l in a mazda 3.

Using one of those online calculators, you're doing 35.1 mpg, still not wonderful, but better than 32 obviously!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Using one of those online calculators, you're doing 35.1 mpg, still not wonderful, but better than 32 obviously!

He's done 512km's and a quarter tank left... sounds about right to me.

why are new cars harder on petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

keitht wrote: »
    why are new cars harder on petrol
    A lot of the time they would be a little until the car is fully run in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭football man

when i fill my mazda 3 hatchback 1.6 i get about 310-315 miles. i am never on a motorway dough. still i am very seldom in heavy traffic for long periods, i think the 3 has a bad fuel economy.

when i fill my mazda 3 hatchback 1.6 i get about 310-315 miles. i am never on a motorway dough. still i am very seldom in heavy traffic for long periods, i think the 3 has a bad fuel economy.

Very few cars ever match the claimed mpg, but doing the type of driving the OP says he's doing you should get a bit over the combined figure, which would be around 40 mpg usualy in a car of that size. If the car was doing 43-45 mpg in the situation the OP describes that would be good going indeed.

• Advertisement

I get about 35 mpg in my 1.4 out of town. the smaller engine has to work that bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Considering i average about 29 MPG on my Mazda 3 MPS thats very poor!

Hi guys the red petrol light came on in my car at 613 km. do you think this will get any better. was hopeing to get more out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mike0048

my sister has a mazda 3 saloon 06. and she gets about 40 mpg. thats abit better the what your getting.

keitht wrote: »
    do you think this will get any better.

like E92 said - give it a while. I know there was a decent change in mine after 5-10k or so.

Advertisement